Side impact detection

Khal

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano turbo
Service side impact detection system. Has anyone gotten this message and if so is there a non service fix like a fuse perhaps. Mine is a 2014 verano turbo. Thank u

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I'm unaware of any simple fix, but you may want to check the fuse, sensors for any type of blocked on the outside, that the cable harness and connections are clean and no cracks. The module may have gone bad, but it with all the other components may not have any owner test that can be done.

Khal

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano turbo
I'm unaware of any simple fix, but you may want to check the fuse, sensors for any type of blocked on the outside, that the cable harness and connections are clean and no cracks. The module may have gone bad, but it with all the other components may not have any owner test that can be done.
Thank you, I am having a difficult time determining which fuse is connected to the side impact warning alert. If you could help me locate it that would be ever so helpful. Thank you again. 2014 Buick Verano

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Sorry I don't have a 2014 Buick Verano, but the owners manual should help.

vince

Buick Ownership
Buick verano 2013
Your problem is most likely a failed side detection module which is mounted behind the rear bumper and gets sprayed with water and road chemicals when the roads are wet. The modules are poorly designed and not water tight. Moisture gets into them, they corrode and fail. I have had to replace modules 3 times in the past 3 years in my Verano.