Side view cameras

Salmon2day

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick encore
I went to car toys to see about adding side cameras for the blind spots on my 2017 Buick Encore. They could not find an input to the radio. I have the Apple CarPlay with backup camera package. Has anyone found a solution or input cable for this?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The best place to find out for sure is at the dealer for the video. If it's a factory unit it's in the head along with the backup camera. Now if are going to add two more cameras how are you planning on turning them on and off on the screen? This needs a interface module that can switch or display 3 cameras unless this unit has that option. They have the aftermarket interface for GM trucks as for others you will need to look.

Aftermarket Blind Spot sensors need no interface and can be found all over the Internet, drill a couple of holes, run some wires, add power and hope it's set up correctly.

Salmon2day

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick encore
The best place to find out for sure is at the dealer for the video. If it's a factory unit it's in the head along with the backup camera. Now if are going to add two more cameras how are you planning on turning them on and off on the screen? This needs a interface module that can switch or display 3 cameras unless this unit has that option. They have the aftermarket interface for GM trucks as for others you will need to look.

Aftermarket Blind Spot sensors need no interface and can be found all over the Internet, drill a couple of holes, run some wires, add power and hope it's set up correctly.
I was going to have them installed it sounds like about $1000 for the sensors $1400 for the cameras. Seems kind of steep.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Steep compared to? Depending on the shops quality of work, price of parts and labor, plus you'll be getting the safety features you are looking for well.......

I can get a couple of guys I know to install similar parts for $300.00 plus a couple cases of beer. It will look like junk, parts may last 30 days at best, one of sensor will be dangling under the bumper and now the radio is a brick. Oh it does come with the taillight warranty, as soon as they see your taillights are gone so is the warranty LOL.

Take a parts list and shop it around apples to apples, some may be cheaper and some could be more expensive. It's the quality of the shop and there work, save $200.00 and have to bring it back 3 times to get it right not worth it IMHO.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Yes I would really like the camera or sensor though
So how would that work from a practical point of view? You want to make a lane change to your left and you look at the onscreen image or you look in the mirror and then the onscreen image? I have used the stick on mirrors on a 2015 Regal and with the black rim around them so they are not obvious and the ability to adjust them they provide perfect coverage of the blind spot on your current mirror.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.