• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Sight and Sound package.

miket_81

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I am pretty sure I am going to purchase a TourX Essence this week. I have it narrowed down to 5 and am going to see who can give me the best price and go that route.
My only requirement is DCP-1 Though DCP-2 & S&S are nice.

I have test drove 2 and maybe they're just not broken in but I was a pinch underwhelmed with the factory Bose stereo that comes in the S&S. I have well above average experience in car audio but I have been away from it somewhat for close to a decade.

I know from experience that Bose stereos are pretty difficult to do upgrades to. I found a rare essence with DCP-1 and no S&S. Would it be moderately easy to do an upgrade to the stock stereo that would significantly improve on what I would get with the Bose? There isn't much I am afraid of trying and am pretty good with fiberglass if need be for a sub in the back.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
I am pretty sure I am going to purchase a TourX Essence this week. I have it narrowed down to 5 and am going to see who can give me the best price and go that route.

I have test drove 2 and maybe they're just not broken in but I was a pinch underwhelmed with the factory Bose stereo that comes in the S&S. I have well above average experience in car audio but I have been away from it somewhat for close to a decade.

I know from experience that Bose stereos are pretty difficult to do upgrades to. I found a rare essence with DCP-1 and no S&S. Would it be moderately easy to do an upgrade to the stock stereo that would significantly improve on what I would get with the Bose? There isn't much I am afraid of trying and am pretty good with fiberglass if need be for a sub in the back.
S&S package includes remote start. If it doesn't have the S&S package you need to check if the remote start option is included "if you want the remote start"

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
S&S package includes remote start. If it doesn't have the S&S package you need to check if the remote start option is included "if you want the remote start"
I have remote start on my Essence trim D1+D2 (no S&S no Pano)

I'm perfectly happy with my trim combination. It's black exterior black interior so I really didn't want to deal with how hot it might* get w/ glass roof.

There is still a Bose branded sub in the back of mine too.

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I got both packages. All the additional small things were worth what you would consider "not that good" Bose sound.

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
The stock radio should be pretty easy...but you aren’t swapping head units in one either. Speaker swaps should be more straightforward.

I have the Bose radio and it is underwhelming. That being said, I will likely never tear it apart. It’s good enough and has enough power to overcome road noise. I will give it props for having balanced sound at low volume - you’ll get bass and highs unlike most car stereos I’ve heard.

If I want great sound, I’ll upgrade components to my house stereo rather than tearing my car apart.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I've got BOSE (No highs, no lows, it must be BOSE.) :LOL:

I know audiophiles turn up their nose at it but I think it's fine. Much better than the stock base unit in my wife's 2016 Terrain, better than the base unit in my old Highlander. I admit this is the first upgraded stereo I've had in a car and it does make me want to explore other manufacturers high end audio packages.

Plus my 5 year old told me how much better my radio was than the one in her mom's car. I told her "shhhhhhhh... We won't tell Mom."

landsharkmz3

I have the Bose, and my only complaint is that they left out any semblance of base.

I don't try to drive around rattling windows, but some songs do have some base, and it is just flat out missing in the Bose system.

If I could add some base punch, without significantly altering the system, altering interior panels, etc. I would like to. Most things people do are just too intrusive to the car for me.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I have the Bose, and my only complaint is that they left out any semblance of base.

I don't try to drive around rattling windows, but some songs do have some base, and it is just flat out missing in the Bose system.

If I could add some base punch, without significantly altering the system, altering interior panels, etc. I would like to. Most things people do are just too intrusive to the car for me.
Do you have the upgraded 8 speaker version? If there's one thing I think the system excels at, it's bass delivery. I do find treble sorely lacking.

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National

You cannot swap the headunit out in any Regal. There are a couple of threads with information on how some of us are attempting to upgrade the base and Bose systems. The biggest difference I see in upgrading the two different systems is the harness interface and the location of where you will using the harness. The base system is all contained under the dash behind the glove box in all Regals (from all the information I've seen). In the TourX the Bose system amp is located in the rear behind the passenger quarter panel cover. I'm not sure where the Bose amp is located in the Sportback.

Reading these threads will provide you with the information that has been gathered through "trial and error" of members here. I am going to have to talk with a friend of mine who is the lead installer in a local shop about paying the shop to do mine. I just don't have the time. I have the vast majority of stuff, but still have some big purchases to make (DSP and subs). I may also use amps I already own instead of purchasing the two new amps that I would like to run to save time and money.

Installing Aftermarket Amp/Subs in 2019 Buick Regal GS with Bose System.

Swapping factory speakers + custom sub box

miket_81

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Yeah I obviously wouldn't attempt to replace the head-unit. I would probably just run my own amp's and speakers and maybe a powered sub.

jclin4

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
I have the Bose as well. Highs and lows are fine, it is the midrange that is lacking. But this can be addressed via the built-in equalizer.

Regardless of sound system package, the TourX is very quiet with low road noise compared to other cars. Noise is half the battle (maybe more than half) as far as audio is concerned, so this this car would be a good choice to build an outstanding audio system in.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
Regardless of sound system package, the TourX is very quiet with low road noise compared to other cars. Noise is half the battle (maybe more than half) as far as audio is concerned, so this this car would be a good choice to build an outstanding audio system in.
I think this brings up a good point. Once you start removing the OE parts of the system you may disable the active noise cancellation. My ‘14 Accord had a poor 4-speaker system so I went and installed a sub, amp, speaker upgrades but used the factory head unit. The sound could never get better, even after disabling the ANC.

Disabling ANC makes the background noise louder which fights upgrades you may try. Remember, every 3dB requires a doubling of power.

landsharkmz3

Do you have the upgraded 8 speaker version? If there's one thing I think the system excels at, it's bass delivery. I do find treble sorely lacking.
I have a 2019 Essence with DC1 DC2 and S&S. I am unaware of any differences of Bose systems in S&S.

Throw in a song that has deep base (not just normal beat in a song). You will find it simply doesn't exist. Even my Bose headphones can hit the exact same note on the exact same song quite well.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I have a 2019 Essence with DC1 DC2 and S&S. I am unaware of any differences of Bose systems in S&S.

Throw in a song that has deep base (not just normal beat in a song). You will find it simply doesn't exist. Even my Bose headphones can hit the exact same note on the exact same song quite well.
I've turned up the base a bit and can feel the door panels vibrating. I'm happy.

I know I sound like a dork but I miss the equalizer presets for certain music types like "pop" - "country" - "classical"

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
The bass is pretty damn good. I'm not an audiophile, but i do appreciate a crisp clear sound. And I think the system is actually pretty damn good.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Interesting. Have you checked to see that the sub in the hatch floor actually works? I am an audiophile myself and am pretty picky about my systems (over $6,000 in my living room surround set up) and if you don't feel bass in a song with gobs of it, I'd be inclined to say something is wrong with yours. I have the 900 watt Harman Kardon system in my RAM and the Bose system puts out damn near the same levels of bass, with the RAM eauilizer set to full bass and the Buick on 3/4.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong here, just that it sounds like you might have a faulty connection or setting. 🤷‍♂️

Pedal Commander