• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Silver Caliper Paint

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
My TourX's hood s relatively clean , but the rest of the car is covered with a thick layer of road grime & salt. I'm glad I took the time apply Rust preventive and extra under body paint when it was new. All is holding up very well, but the zinc coating on the calipers is looking a bit shabby. The Calipers stand out with aftermarket wheels.
Can anyone recommend a good silver caliper paint? I want to keep the stockish subdued look, while still keeping them attractive.

Thanks

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You may want to look at POR 15 silver caliper paint which is a brush on, they also have a high heat aluminum. I've used a exhaust high heat semi black with success as mine were black front and cast back, but I would recommend reading any and all reviews on any caliper paint as they range from great to crap also on the application requirement then decide what will work for needs.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
You may want to look at POR 15 silver caliper paint which is a brush on, they also have a high heat aluminum. I've used a exhaust high heat semi black with success as mine were black front and cast back, but I would recommend reading any and all reviews on any caliper paint as they range from great to crap also on the application requirement then decide what will work for needs.
Remember it is the internet, but I've see worse.

Best Brake Caliper Paint (Review) 2020 – Top Picks & Buyer Guide
15 Best Ceramic Coating for Cars 2020 – Truth of Car Coating
Best Spray Wax (Review) 2020 – Top 10 Picks & Buyer Guide
Best Clear Coat for Cars (Review) 2020 – Top 10 Picks

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I went over to the Corvette forum as they seem to be a little more OCD in a good way, but they are brutal if it's a junk product. Not saying that's the final word but another resource to get some real world reviews, luckily I have the 95 Lesabre as a "test mule" before using a product on the real vehicle's LOL.

Turbo Buick Badge