Slamming on BREAKS produced weird RUMBLE/ROLL sensation. You?

The Pool Man

Buick Ownership
Buick
Greetings,

I was in a situation where I had to suddenly SLAM the breaks on my 2015 Buick Encore. Knowing some sort of anti-lock break thing would happen. The resulting sensation wasn't... comforting. It was like the breaking mechanism half worked. I've had anti-lock in other cars firm squeeze 'everything' balanced and at once. When I did it in this Buick it felt like a beach towel was tossed around one axel but not the other. Very sloppy.

Am I making sense? Is your emergency breaking smooth and solid OR haphazard and jaggy?

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I would try to replicate the emergency braking to see if it happens again.

Something could of been on the tarmac making one wheel slip more than the others.

The Pool Man

Buick Ownership
Buick
As my hairs grey I wasn't sure I wanted to completely SLAM on the breaks again (because of my neck) but I did two hit the brakes hard a few times and ---

-- and nothing was amiss. Hmm. It probably was something on the road the one time.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
As my hairs grey I wasn't sure I wanted to completely SLAM on the breaks again (because of my neck) but I did two hit the brakes hard a few times and ---

-- and nothing was amiss. Hmm. It probably was something on the road the one time.
I am glad to hear that.