• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Smoke from the steering column on my '04 Park Ave Ultra

dmkberger

Buick Ownership
'68 Electra 225 Convertible, 2004 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
I have a 2004 Park Ave Ultra with 100K showing on the odo. I was getting off the freeway the other day and there was a puff of smoke that came out of the steering column. It came up about center on the column. Anyone have this happen to them and what was the cause????

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You have an electrical issue that should be checked out immediately before you are either stranded by a complete failure or have a fire.

dmkberger

Buick Ownership
I was thinking it might be either the turn signal or some other part that is right there. I will take the cover off the column and see what's going on.
It's gotta be something in the multifunction switches in the column. Should be easy to find once I take the cover off.
Thanks for the help.
By the way, I am an ex Cadillac Sharp Shooter Technician from a Cadillac, Rolls Royce and Bentley Dealership where I was shop foreman. I have a pretty good understanding of what goes where and why, but I'm kinda new to the Buicks. I have a '68 Electra 225 Convertible with 34,285 original miles that came out of the Volo Museum in the Chicago area back in 2011. I have multiple vintage and collector cars.
This '04 Park Ave is my wife's "new" commuter car and I need it to be spot on correct and safe for her.
I appreciate your response and I'm really impressed by the response time... WOW!
Thank you again!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You obviously have the correct background and should not have any problem finding the cause.

dmkberger

Buick Ownership
You obviously have the correct background and should not have any problem finding the cause.
Thank you very much. I appreciate that, I worked very hard to get where I have in my career.

Pedal Commander