Snowy weekend but no driving adventures to report

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
After a two- or three-year drought, we finally got a major snowstorm (for us) here in the mid-Mississippi Valley this weekend; about 10 inches fell where i live. Unfortunately, I don't have much more data on how my Verano handles snow than I did before. I spent Friday afternoon and evening plus all yesterday indoors to give the road crews time to work. Today, I pushed snow from the car so I could run the errands normally done on Saturdays.

Sadly, the road crews did too well a job; the roads were simply wet. The only challenges were getting out of the parking slot (traction control off and a quick R-to-D rocker to get past the snow boulders behind the car) and navigating within the complex among the slush islands left behind by the clowns contracted to "clean" the streets.

With no large body of water near St. Louis, 10-16 inches is usually the upper end of our snowfall spectrum (unless thundersnow's involved; no such luck this weekend). The attached image is from this morning, before cleaning commenced. Some freezing rain overnight started the job for me.

Attachments

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
My brother has a 2014 Verano and I've driven it in the heavy snow a few times. Twice on the factory tires and once after he put on Winter tires (Michelin X-ice i3) on steel rims.

I though his Verano handled in the snow very nicely on the factory ContiProContact tires. Then I drove it on the Michelin X-ice i3's and felt the car had little limits !

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.