Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi guys, I just bought a new 2011 Regal Turbo with the T07 package. I notice a problem with my stereo system. When playing some songs, the volume would fade softer and louder. Is anyone else having the same problem??

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
No, it does not. I've turned the auto volume off. in certain songs, the soft part of the song gets softer, the loud part gradually gets a lot louder... maybe a digital sound processing software issue? Apparently a few other people is having the same issue. Took it to the dealer, said it was fixed, got back, not fixed...

MaveRegal

Bowling Green, OH
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal To7
I just purchased a TO7 as well and I'm experiencing the same radio sound fluctuation. My car has around 300 miles on it and I ended up turning off the Auto Volume too.

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
Now that you mention it, the auto level seems to work in reverse. When noise levels reduce, the volume increases. Weird. I just thought it was me.

BUICK011

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I just picked up my REGAL last Wednesday. Did not expirenence any issue with the volume but I do have an issue when trying to play mp3 via the USB jack -all I hear is static. I going to be heading back to the dealer ship to get this fixed.

Any one come across this one?

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi guys, I'm spoke to the Harman engineers in the GM tech center last week. We root caused the problem being the software that is in the amplifier. They've ordered me a new amp and will install it next week. If the problem if fixed, I will convey the message to all of you. Thank you.

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
If other people are having the same issue as us, please post on here. I want to get an idea of the scope of the issue. Thanks!

shiveks

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am having the same issue with my Harmon Kardon system on my CXL. Surprised more people have not complained. I guess we are all putting up with it for now.

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
I am having the same issue with my Harmon Kardon system on my CXL. Surprised more people have not complained. I guess we are all putting up with it for now.
Hi Shiveks, how are you? My name is Andy Chen and I'm an employee of GM. As mentioned, I'm having the same issue as you. The Harman engineer will be here tomorrow morning and fix the problem for me. If the fix is proven to be effective, then we will try to roll out a solution to all dealerships. I apologize for the issue you and others are having. We will work our best to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you.

2011RegalOwner

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a CXL-RL5 with the Harmon Kardon. I've had the car for 17 months now and have not had this problem. I have had auto level off since the day I drove off the lot.

Just posting to say that I think the Harmon Kardon radio is awesome. I've had them in BMW's and Mercedes and the one in the Regal is perfect. Hopefully Cadillac will switch over soon, I might get a Escalade instead of a Cayenne S then.

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a CXL-RL5 with the Harmon Kardon. I've had the car for 17 months now and have not had this problem. I have had auto level off since the day I drove off the lot.

Just posting to say that I think the Harmon Kardon radio is awesome. I've had them in BMW's and Mercedes and the one in the Regal is perfect. Hopefully Cadillac will switch over soon, I might get a Escalade instead of a Cayenne S then.
I'm happy to hear that you are happy with the car and are not experiencing the same problem as some of us are having. Can you please help me double check? Play a song with soft parts, then see when the chores come on and listen if there is a crescendo of volume increase. For example, you can play the song "Rolling in the deep". Be sure to turn your volume up, as lower volumes you don't really notice much of a difference. Thank you.

cozbyrt

6.0L LS2 Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-05
I'm happy to hear that you are happy with the car and are not experiencing the same problem as some of us are having. Can you please help me double check? Play a song with soft parts, then see when the chores come on and listen if there is a crescendo of volume increase. For example, you can play the song "Rolling in the deep". Be sure to turn your volume up, as lower volumes you don't really notice much of a difference. Thank you.

Who is the artist for Rolling in the deep? I will try to download it and see if it happens on mine as well.

reagent6

Buick Newbie
Boston
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
When this sound shifting happens, are you listening to a song from the radio, your ipod, or the car's hard drive? I have had my T04 (R) for 3 months and have not encountered this problem. I've followed the discussion here and have tried to reproduce the failure while listening to rock, pop, world or classical, sometimes very loud, with no complaints. Not that I'm looking for trouble!

shiveks

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Any word if the Harmon fix has worked.

I know many people will attribute this problem to volume adjustment based on vehicle speed but I have the same problem even with this feature turned off.

By the way I am a system integration engineer for electronic systems on construction equipment and can sympathize with these kinds of issues. I have learned from experience that minor problems experienced by more than 1 customer almost always turn out to be real issues and not customer error. It can take a while to get critical mass for nuisance complaints (especially not mechanically related) before oem finally acts.

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
Any word if the Harmon fix has worked.

I know many people will attribute this problem to volume adjustment based on vehicle speed but I have the same problem even with this feature turned off.

By the way I am a system integration engineer for electronic systems on construction equipment and can sympathize with these kinds of issues. I have learned from experience that minor problems experienced by more than 1 customer almost always turn out to be real issues and not customer error. It can take a while to get critical mass for nuisance complaints (especially not mechanically related) before oem finally acts.

Shiveks, I've had the Harman engineer installed the new amp for me on Tuesday. The problem is fixed! No more volume variations in soft and loud parts of the songs I play. Overall, the sound system has better output as well. I've contacted the executive director of customer care. We will roll out the solution to all dealerships in the near future. I will keep you all posted. Thank you so much for your patience, and I apologize for any frustration the vehicle has caused.

Legendaryjarl

Buick Ownership
Buick
When this sound shifting happens, are you listening to a song from the radio, your ipod, or the car's hard drive? I have had my T04 (R) for 3 months and have not encountered this problem. I've followed the discussion here and have tried to reproduce the failure while listening to rock, pop, world or classical, sometimes very loud, with no complaints. Not that I'm looking for trouble!

Hi there, the problem is coming from all audio sources. It's caused by the software in the amplifier which is in place to noise cancel the hissing sound coming out of the two tweeters in the front doors when the audio system and engine is turned off. Please try to turn the volume about 40% up, then listen to a song like "Rolling in the deep" or "It's going down" by Young Joc, see if you can duplicate the problem. Thanks.

RoyHobbs

Buick Ownership
Buick
I would assume this applies to both the NAV unit and the nonNAV models with the hK upgrade, correct?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!