SpareTire

hoys

Buick Ownership
None
Hard to tell exactly in the picture, but I am assuming this fits with the wheel well mounted subwoofer, correct?

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
The subwoofer does fit in the wheel and the original hold down rod and nut fit. I had planned to use the wheel and tire from my 2015 Chevy Volt as a spare but there is no way for a wide tire to clear the support towards the front of the tire well. I also tried to fit a 145/70/17 compact spare and it would not clear the support. Not the best pictures I've ever taken.

hoys

Buick Ownership
None
Thanks for clarification! I'll be looking for one.

Motormouth

Philadelphia, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You’re the man! I came here to find this info haha.

Living in a city (Philadelphia), you gotta have a spare because of glass (and waiting forever for roadside is no bueno).

My last car had the bose stereo inside a full size spare so I knew it would be possible. Thanks!

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
This is great!

My only concern would be that the tire used here (125/70R17) is 12.3% shorter than stock. That's quite a huge gap that could cause issues with the AWD system (mechanically and electrically). But I suppose if your goal is to limp a very short distance to safety, then that would work.

tinmanwpk

Buick Ownership
n/a
Better than sitting on the side of the road, or in some of the finer neighborhoods of Philadelphia (and I'm not talking about the Main Line).

Motormouth

Philadelphia, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
For sure.

I guess ‘compact’ spare is the right term? I checked the stats of the cts sport wagon’s ‘compact’ spare:

Stock tire 235/50/18 (18x8) 27.3” roll dia
Spare tire 135/70/18 (18x4 rim) 25.4” roll dia

I think thats a 7-8% difference. We’ll have to find the correct rolling size, and ensure it clears the brake calipers (offset) and rotor.

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
The wheel does clear the front rotor with plenty of room to spare. It also clears the caliper but is a tight fit. I drove the car around the neighborhood making several tight right and left turns and did not have a problem. I mounted the tire on both front wheels to be sure of fit. The rear brake assembly is much smaller then the front so I saw no reason to mount the wheel.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
The wheel does clear the front rotor with plenty of room to spare. It also clears the caliper but is a tight fit. I drove the car around the neighborhood making several tight right and left turns and did not have a problem. I mounted the tire on both front wheels to be sure of fit. The rear brake assembly is much smaller then the front so I saw no reason to mount the wheel.
Sounds like it works, even with the size difference! That's great news as I shop for non 17" winter wheel and tire options.

hoys

Buick Ownership
None

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
yes that is a work around but somewhat labor intensive in the middle of a rainy night.

milicz

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tour X
did you contact Modern Spare and ask them if they have the correct wheel?
I read this:
  • Conveniently Fits Inside Trunk Tire Well With All Necessary Mounting Hardware Included. *Trunk Tire Well Mount Not Compatible With TourX & Sportback Models*
What does that mean exactly? Looking to get a spare.

Kappy

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
If anyone is interested in a spare tire the oem part number is 84095141 for the 17X4 inch wheel. Tire rack sell the tire for around$60. A spare from a 2006Buick Lucerne or a Cadillac DTS 2006-2011 125/70/17 fits with room for a jack and tools.
with a little research, according to www.gmpartsdirect.com wheel 84095141 is listed as fitting Regal Sportback & TourX. A little more checking and it also is listed as fitting the 2018 Equinox/Terrain. A quick check of Ebay shows 125/70-17 is what comes with 18 Equinox/Terrain as a spare.
So now what jack will work?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.