• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Splash Guards for Sportback?

BradyB0225

Buick Ownership
1992 Riviera
Does anyone have an opinion regarding the GM Splash Guards (39077358, 39077361). With my new lacrosse wheels filling out the fenders with a flush offset, debris may get kicked up past the inner fender. I would like to protect the doors and rockers from rock chips with something and these seem like a decent solution.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I have a strong dislike for this style of splash guard. These guards vibrate and allow debris in between the guard and body panels. Over time, they will abrade through the paint. And if you're in the Rust Belt, this means it's an invitation for corrosion.

Case in Point:
My '99 Accord with similarly designed OEM splash guards. I'd say excuse the dirtiness, but it is my winter beater afterall...​
IMG_20210111_153020__01.jpg IMG_20210111_153029.jpg
Ideal Solution:
Skip the splash guards altogether and run paint protection film on the fender, rockers, lower doors, and rear bumper as I have done (might have to zoom in to see the film but it's there):
IMG_20210111_155656.jpg
Next Best Thing:
If you absolutely must have the splash guards, apply some clear protective film on the paint where the guard makes contact. Furthermore, consider applying some type of adhesive backed foam to prevent the guard from vibrating up against the paint.​

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Never thought of that Jack...but now it seems obvious. I guess another option is something like Rally Armor since they only mount in the wheel well.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Never thought of that Jack...but now it seems obvious. I guess another option is something like Rally Armor since they only mount in the wheel well.
Exactly. They even mention the drawbacks of the OEM style splash guards on their website. I helped (by helped, I mean drank beer and harassed) a friend install some Rally Armor flaps on his Focus ST and I was very impressed with the fit and finish. I wish they supported the Regal cause I think they'd look great.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Exactly. They even mention the drawbacks of the OEM style splash guards on their website. I helped (by helped, I mean drank beer and harassed) a friend install some Rally Armor flaps on his Focus ST and I was very impressed with the fit and finish. I wish they supported the Regal cause I think they'd look great.
Hence I have been looking and see if anyone has tried the universal ones. So far, no luck finding any. 😓

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Last edited:

BradyB0225

Buick Ownership
1992 Riviera
Could always have a go at making your own like @RiojaTourX did.
Splash guards/mud flaps

@Irock1985, what are your thoughts on the splash guards after having them for a while now? Maybe they're designed better than the ones I have had experience with.
Finally got my Splash Guards (mud flaps) installed on my SportBack
I've made my own and used oem kits. I had a GM set on my Solstice and they did fine not rubbing the fender or rocker. I do agree Jack, if I do use them, I'll lay up some 3m paint protection if they are to be in contact with the paint.

ZB Commodore Owner

Hamilton, New Zealand
Buick Ownership
2019 Holden ZB Commodore RSV Liftback 3.6 AWD
For anyone wanting splash guards for the Regal GS Sportback I think these are what you need.

for Opel Vauxhall Insignia B GSi 2018 2019 2020 MK2 Front Rear Car Mudflaps Fender Mud Guard Splash Flaps Mudguards Accessories|Car Stickers| - AliExpress

From what I can tell the GS has the same body kit as the RSV Commodore. Holden don't sell a splash guard for the RSV, only for the models without the body kit. I bought a set of these and they fit very well and look great.

Regarding the concern about the splash guards wearing through the paint and causing rust. I have a 2003 Australian built VY Commodore which has done 410,000 km (255,000 miles) with the same style of splash guards and there's no noticeable damage to the paint. I did consider putting strips of 3M clear protector on the areas where the splash guards contact the body work but based on the experience with my VY Commodore I didn't bother.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Get your turbo buick badge right here!