Sport Model - Turbo and Ride?

jborchel

Buick Ownership
Buick
I am looking at replacing my 14 Verano with the sport model. I've been unable to find what engine it comes with and any reviews that talked about the ride quality. Did they firm up the ride for this model? I hope not as my ride is perfect. The best I have ever experienced.

Where can I find a good description of the sport touring model?

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
The Sport Touring trim came with the 2.4L engine. Only the Premium trim - 2013-2016 - had the 2L Turbo. I doubt any of the buff books reviewed the Sport Touring trim as it was mainly cosmetic changes and by '16, the Verano was passé as far as the critics were concerned.

The Turbo's suspension is only 10-15 percent stiffer than the lower trim models from the research I did before I bought my car. The link below has some details on the Sport Touring trim.

Used 2016 Buick Verano For Sale - Special Offers & Pricing | Edmunds

jborchel

Buick Ownership
Buick
Thanks for the reply. In the meantime I bought a 528i with 34K on it. Paid just a little more than the Premiums I could find that had the 2.0. 528 has same engine, 4 with turbo. Very smooth.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Just as an FYI on the Trim Packages ...

2012 had 3 trim levels. Base, Convenience, and Leather. The 2.0L Turbo was not available.
2013 added the Premium Turbo Group with the 2.0L Turbo.
2014 same as 2013
2015 added the 1SV trim group that was actually "below" the Base Group.
2016 replaced the Convenience Group with the Sport Touring Group - Appears to be mechanically the same as the previous Convenience Group.
2017 dropped the 1SV and Premium Turbo trim levels. The remaining trim levels remained the same.

Yeah....? Not sure how Buick could call it "Sport Touring" without it having the 2.0L Turbo and the slightly stiffer suspension offered on the Premium Trim Level. IMO - Just marketing sales ploy.

I have a 2013 Premium Turbo, and I REALLY REALLY like the 2.0L Turbo. 250hp v/s 180hp in the 2.4L

I also have the optional 18" Forged Alloy wheels which I believe have a lower profile tire than the standard 17".
Even with the low profile tires, I personally do not find the ride to be harsh or stiff at all.
And the handling is actually "just right" for a vehicle in this class and price range.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.