Sport or Touring

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
My 04 Lacrosse Premium AWD has the sport or touring option read out in the dash. I prefer the touring, with the Digital speedometer. The problem i am having is the touring does not stay the permeant read out. It changes back to the sport speedometer. I cannot figure out why. Anyone else have this problem, and is it something that needs to be looked at. Thanks

mims-ev

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Lacrosse
Hello, we had the same problem on our 2014 LaCrosse Leather trim. Took it to the dealer but they said nothing was wrong. I believe I found a tech bulletin about a bad electrical harness that had to be replaced but I cannot find it now. Dealer said they knew nothing about it and if no codes were set so there was nothing to fix. We lost that car in an accident. We replaced it with another 2014 LaCrosse Leather with a manufactured date about 6 months newer and it does not have the problem. Sorry I don't have a solution, but just letting you know that I a think it's a known problem and a good dealer should be able to fix it. I will post back if I find the bulletin number. Happy New Year!!

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
Hello, we had the same problem on our 2014 LaCrosse Leather trim. Took it to the dealer but they said nothing was wrong. I believe I found a tech bulletin about a bad electrical harness that had to be replaced but I cannot find it now. Dealer said they knew nothing about it and if no codes were set so there was nothing to fix. We lost that car in an accident. We replaced it with another 2014 LaCrosse Leather with a manufactured date about 6 months newer and it does not have the problem. Sorry I don't have a solution, but just letting you know that I a think it's a known problem and a good dealer should be able to fix it. I will post back if I find the bulletin number. Happy New Year!!
Thanks for the information, you have been very helpful.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Hmm, yes with the 2016 display and selection of pages I had to select what I wanted on right side of display but then enter by another button on left side of speedo display before it would acknowledge. Couldn't get anything to change and would revert to my unknowingly cancelling out all the extra info.

Probably info in manual but don't ask directions when lost either or seldom use GPS to get unlost👀

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
My 14 Lacrosse Premium AWD has the sport or touring option read out in the dash. I prefer the touring, with the Digital speedometer. The problem i am having is the touring does not stay the permeant read out. It changes back to the sport speedometer. I cannot figure out why. Anyone else have this problem, and is it something that needs to be looked at. Thanks
I found a T.S.B on this issue. NHTSA # 10111797, To Mims thanks for the response.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.