• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Sportback Appreciation

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
It gets so freaking annoying to see the brake lights illuminate and turn off at a different rate comparing to the CHMSL! Even the last gen Regal got LED brake lights.
To make it worse, GM decided to use the same damn bulb for the turn signal to ensure we can't fix that crap. 🤬

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
It gets so freaking annoying to see the brake lights illuminate and turn off at a different rate comparing to the CHMSL! Even the last gen Regal got LED brake lights.
To make it worse, GM decided to use the same damn bulb for the turn signal to ensure we can't fix that crap. 🤬
CHMSL? Not familiar on that one. Yeah GM is cheap on LED tech, seems only Cadillac gets any of it standard, even the New Tahoe doesn't have LED brake lights fully loaded at $90k, but a $30k sonata has it all.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Really? Thats like $53k here, so odd how that works, you're keeping yours for awhile?
Unless life gets in the way, that's the plan. I was 25 when I bought it and it was my first new vehicle so I'm a bit attached. It's parked in the winter and with only 5k miles put in it a year, it should last a while.

Resale was nothing I ever considered but I would be lying if I said I don't keep my eye on what they're bringing used. Even then, once the PPF, ceramic coat, and misc. parts I invested in are tallied... there's no way I'm coming out on top trying sell or trade.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Unless life gets in the way, that's the plan. I was 25 when I bought it and it was my first new vehicle so I'm a bit attached. It's parked in the winter and with only 5k miles put in it a year, it should last a while.

Resale was nothing I ever considered but I would be lying if I said I don't keep my eye on what they're bringing used. Even then, once the PPF, ceramic coat, and misc. parts I invested in are tallied... there's no way I'm coming out on top trying sell or trade.
I was 23 when I got mine, I use to have a job where I had a company vehicle so it would stay parked for 5 days a week, I liked that so I could keep the KMs down, now not so much but its a car, meant to he used. But yeah the resale is what scares me, i came from a truck and those are usually solid with resale value. I desperately need paint correction though, the front bumper is covered in chips, its not filmed, and the touch up paint is near impossible to do.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
CHMSL? Not familiar on that one. Yeah GM is cheap on LED tech, seems only Cadillac gets any of it standard, even the New Tahoe doesn't have LED brake lights fully loaded at $90k, but a $30k sonata has it all.
CHMSL: Like I said, the last gen Regal had it. So some bean counters won this time.
Meanwhile, the Malibu gets LED tail lamps in the premier trim for sure. (Last time I checked, the LT has it too)
Who is running the accounting department?!

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Jeez, 36 k USD? I paid $51k CAD for mine.
I got mine for $40.5k CAD including freight, but it had also been on the dealer's lot for about 9 months. To get a comparably equipped Stinger GT (I'd need their top trim level to get the HUD) would have been close to $10k more. I usually keep my cars 4-5 years, and I generally don't think about resale when I buy since it's so hard to predict (and I've had a couple of Cadillacs that lost a ton of their value by trade-in time so I'm a little numb to it). Fortunately I don't put many km on these days (I'm at 13k km in just under 2 years) so I suppose that will help.

Not sure what my next vehicle will be. I bought this mainly for the hatch (I need the cargo flexibility for my hobbies), but since there's not many cars like this around anymore, I might have to go for a Silverado or something.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
CHMSL: Like I said, the last gen Regal had it. So some bean counters won this time.
Meanwhile, the Malibu gets LED tail lamps in the premier trim for sure. (Last time I checked, the LT has it too)
Who is running the accounting department?!
Yep exaclty, I've noticed that aswell, well I'm sure the cool people are running the Corvette department and the bean counters were running the Regal one lol
I got mine for $40.5k CAD including freight, but it had also been on the dealer's lot for about 9 months. To get a comparably equipped Stinger GT (I'd need their top trim level to get the HUD) would have been close to $10k more. I usually keep my cars 4-5 years, and I generally don't think about resale when I buy since it's so hard to predict (and I've had a couple of Cadillacs that lost a ton of their value by trade-in time so I'm a little numb to it). Fortunately I don't put many km on these days (I'm at 13k km in just under 2 years) so I suppose that will help.

Not sure what my next vehicle will be. I bought this mainly for the hatch (I need the cargo flexibility for my hobbies), but since there's not many cars like this around anymore, I might have to go for a Silverado or something.
I got one of the first in Canada so I paid full, maybe a $1500 discount but thats all, you can get Stinger GT limiteds on discount though, I've seen as much as $5k so they can be had. If I were to go Silverado I'd want the new Diesel, no way I'd go back to getting horrid fuel economy. But to get the same features in a truck as the GS I'd be paying about $70k 😔

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
But to get the same features in a truck as the GS I'd be paying about $70k 😔
It is kind of funny to see trucks, which were historically affordable and utilitarian, become the most expensive and luxurious (at high trims anyway). And that's probably only true in North America. Even a base crew cab 1500 comes in just shy of 40k USD and doesn't touch the entry GS, features wise.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
It is kind of funny to see trucks, which were historically affordable and utilitarian, become the most expensive and luxurious (at high trims anyway). And that's probably only true in North America. Even a base crew cab 1500 comes in just shy of 40k USD and doesn't touch the entry GS, features wise.
Yeah if I wanted the same features as the GS, (ventilated seats, HUD,) and all that id have to spend at like $70K here, if not more, then like I've mentioned before I'd love to get a new Tahoe one day but a base Tahoe here is $65k, with cloth seats lol. Some stuff is worth the money and other stuff is just too expensive. $65k here is RS3 money and that would be hard to pass up.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Yeah if I wanted the same features as the GS, (ventilated seats, HUD,) and all that id have to spend at like $70K here, if not more, then like I've mentioned before I'd love to get a new Tahoe one day but a base Tahoe here is $65k, with cloth seats lol. Some stuff is worth the money and other stuff is just too expensive. $65k here is RS3 money and that would be hard to pass up.
No doubt that the GS was kind of a bargain but you can get a pretty similarly equipped 2.7l Cadillac CT4 for around $50K. That really isn't so far from the loaded out GS sticker and you have a bunch more choices for colors, engines and tech options. Obsolecence / lack of future support should be less of an issue compared to our now orphaned Buick.

x10003q

Buick Ownership
2019 GS
No doubt that the GS was kind of a bargain but you can get a pretty similarly equipped 2.7l Cadillac CT4 for around $50K. That really isn't so far from the loaded out GS sticker and you have a bunch more choices for colors, engines and tech options. Obsolecence / lack of future support should be less of an issue compared to our now orphaned Buick.
Yes, the CT4 pricing is $50k+, but it is almost $10k more than most people paid for the GS. The CT4 is the same size as an Audi a5 sportback without the hatch and it is a little tight in the back seat. The CT4 is competing with a different set of buyers and cars if you want decent HP and AWD. I like what Caddy is offering, but Audi, Merc and even BMW is playing in this space.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Yes, the CT4 pricing is $50k+, but it is almost $10k more than most people paid for the GS. The CT4 is the same size as an Audi a5 sportback without the hatch and it is a little tight in the back seat. The CT4 is competing with a different set of buyers and cars if you want decent HP and AWD. I like what Caddy is offering, but Audi, Merc and even BMW is playing in this space.
I’m comparing sticker to sticker, both before discounts. I think comparing the GS to the Ct4 or CT5 is more apples to apples than comparing it to a truck.

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I got one of the first in Canada so I paid full, maybe a $1500 discount but thats all, you can get Stinger GT limiteds on discount though, I've seen as much as $5k so they can be had. If I were to go Silverado I'd want the new Diesel, no way I'd go back to getting horrid fuel economy. But to get the same features in a truck as the GS I'd be paying about $70k 😔
With the price of fuel now (and for the expected future), it'd be the 6.2 or nothing for me, especially with the few km I drive. That would put it roughly as fast as the GS in a straight line. But yeah, I'd have to forego some frills to keep the MSRP at a reasonable level. Maybe I should just plan to keep the GS forever and install a trailer hitch.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
With the price of fuel now (and for the expected future), it'd be the 6.2 or nothing for me, especially with the few km I drive. That would put it roughly as fast as the GS in a straight line. But yeah, I'd have to forego some frills to keep the MSRP at a reasonable level. Maybe I should just plan to keep the GS forever and install a trailer hitch.
Maybe as fast but then you'll hit the 100 mph limiter most trucks have and the Regal will be saying bye bye lol.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Well depends what trim you get, anything other then the V you get a 2.0 turbo I think, you have to step up to the V to get the 2.7, but that engine is a torque monster. I test drive a CT4-V that was $57k canadian, discounted to $52k, and it was still missing the safety package and tech package, still, the inside felt high quality and the new 2021 is getting a full digital dashboard with Super cruise as a option, yeah I wish we had more colors, if I could have anything it would be a deep blue GS, with the Brown interior option they offer over seas.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Not to mention that 6.2L has an endless amount of aftermarket support. Superchargers, tunes, everything... I know it's similar to the LT1 in some regards and not just a basic V8 truck engine, but it is funny that a truck/SUV engine gets more support than we do 🤦🏻‍♂️

A mildly built and tuned 6.2L would boogie. That's what I'd love to have in the garage next to the GS. I prefer the exterior of the K2XX over the T1XX though.

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I prefer the exterior of the K2XX over the T1XX though.

I did initially too, but the new Silverados have really grown on me, and now the previous gens look outdated to my eyes.

I recall reading a quote from an automotive designer that said something along the lines of if a new design doesn't initially shock you at least a little bit, they didn't reach far enough. I think that's the case here. When the current Rams and Silverados were both released at about the same time, I thought the Rams were by far the better looking of the two (and I generally dislike Dodges), but now the Ram looks plain and the Chevy more modern.

Anyhow, it'd be better to wait to buy a new Silverado in a couple of years, once demand eases, supply increases (new Oshawa production), and the interior gets updated. By then the looks might have grown on you too ;)

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Well depends what trim you get, anything other then the V you get a 2.0 turbo I think, you have to step up to the V to get the 2.7, but that engine is a torque monster. I test drive a CT4-V that was $57k canadian, discounted to $52k, and it was still missing the safety package and tech package, still, the inside felt high quality and the new 2021 is getting a full digital dashboard with Super cruise as a option, yeah I wish we had more colors, if I could have anything it would be a deep blue GS, with the Brown interior option they offer over seas.
The 2.7 is also available in the CT4 Premium luxury trim with AWD or RWD and 10 speed.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Cadillac (like most other premium or near-premium brands) make the most sense as CPO purchases. I'm sure by the time I'm looking to replace my TourX (roughly in 2025) there will be lots of off-lease CPO Cadillac sedans, Acura TLXs, etc...

Get your turbo buick badge right here!