• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Sportback Appreciation

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
I'm glad to see so many positive GS posts in this thread. I fell out of liking a GS when 1) Buick reduced the factory warranty 2) stories of hard-to-find and/or delayed body parts began appearing on this site and 3) when the production numbers were slashed following the Opel division's sale.

I'll replace my Verano Turbo with an off-lease CT4-V instead. The same platform limitations apply - small trunk (smaller in the Caddy) and a tight backseat but I don't have kids or pets.

AWD available on every trim level, otherwise its RWD
CT4 Luxury (base model) 2.0T with 8A (237hp/258tq)
CT4 Sport (all show, not much more go) 2.0T with 8A. The Sport trim has the body cladding and aggressively bolstered front seats and some extra goodies are available from CT4-V in '21 but not the 2.7L
CT4 Premium Luxury 2.0T with 8A and 2.7L at 310/350 with 10A (uplevel)
CT4-V - 2.7L with 10A (325/380) and Magnetic Ride Control
CT4 Blackwing (3L TT V-6 or 3.3L TT V-6) and 10A or 6M (debuts later this year)

Last edited:

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Not to mention that 6.2L has an endless amount of aftermarket support. Superchargers, tunes, everything... I know it's similar to the LT1 in some regards and not just a basic V8 truck engine, but it is funny that a truck/SUV engine gets more support than we do 🤦🏻‍♂️

A mildly built and tuned 6.2L would boogie. That's what I'd love to have in the garage next to the GS. I prefer the exterior of the K2XX over the T1XX though.
Would boogie ? I raced a 2013 style Yukon denali the first year I got the GS, anything other then a corner and even on launch this guy would destroy me, he had to have something done to his because I was embarrassed lol. Im more of a fan of the Current gen Silverado, I think the old ones look boring, but I think the Tahoe is a much cleaner look compared to the Silverado even though its the same style in a way.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
The 2.7 is also available in the CT4 Premium luxury trim with AWD or RWD and 10 speed.
Oh yes my mistake, its just a detuned version, when I did drive the V, my god even in the touring mode it feels much stiffer then the GS, almost like a 1LE camaro

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Would boogie ? I raced a 2013 style Yukon denali the first year I got the GS, anything other then a corner and even on launch this guy would destroy me, he had to have something done to his because I was embarrassed lol. Im more of a fan of the Current gen Silverado, I think the old ones look boring, but I think the Tahoe is a much cleaner look compared to the Silverado even though its the same style in a way.
Since both are non-turbo, displacement will come into play on the launch even though your GS is like maybe 2/3 of the Yukon's weight. :)

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Since both are non-turbo, displacement will come into play on the launch even though your GS is like maybe 2/3 of the Yukon's weight. :)
Definitely, that was one that left me speechless, I've always wanted to line up with a WRX or a STI and see how the GS does, but never had the chance. Anyone happen to ever drag their GS? Curious on what the time is.

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Definitely, that was one that left me speechless, I've always wanted to line up with a WRX or a STI and see how the GS does, but never had the chance. Anyone happen to ever drag their GS? Curious on what the time is.
Magazines have gotten times in the 14.1 second range, which should be very repeatable by the average person because of AWD. You're not going to beat many WRXs ;)

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Haven't tried against any WRX, knowing my wagon's only advantage is due to missing the third pedal.
I did, however, tried against a Focus ST at the stoplight and beat it.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Haven't tried against any WRX, knowing my wagon's only advantage is due to missing the third pedal.
I did, however, tried against a Focus ST at the stoplight and beat it.
Just for an FYI if the WRX driver has the CVT you might be able to get the drop on him. "Throttle House" on YouTube drag raced a new Mazda 3 turbo, WRX with CVT, and a VW Golf R against each other. The Mazda 3 handily out accelerated the WRX/CVT especially in the first half of the quarter mile.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Just for an FYI if the WRX driver has the CVT you might be able to get the drop on him. "Throttle House" on YouTube drag raced a new Mazda 3 turbo, WRX with CVT, and a VW Golf R against each other. The Mazda 3 handily out accelerated the WRX/CVT especially in the first half of the quarter mile.
I thought the WRX only comes with 3 pedals now? :unsure: :oops:

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I thought the WRX only comes with 3 pedals now? :unsure: :oops:
Perhaps the STI version only comes that way?

Who can fathom Subaru? - refusing to build a hatchback/wagon model of the WRX, which I suspect would actually sell better than the sedan version.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Perhaps the STI version only comes that way?

Who can fathom Subaru? - refusing to build a hatchback/wagon model of the WRX, which I suspect would actually sell better than the sedan version.
Ah, the regular Rexy. That does have auto as optional. (Who in the right mind would buy that anyway...)
I remember reading some automotive article of an interview with Subaru.
They claimed that the split was about 50/50 between the sedan and hatch. They only had so much resources to develop the current generation, so they had to pick one of the 2 body styles. Sadly, they went with the sedan. :(

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Ah, the regular Rexy. That does have auto as optional. (Who in the right mind would buy that anyway...)
I remember reading some automotive article of an interview with Subaru.
They claimed that the split was about 50/50 between the sedan and hatch. They only had so much resources to develop the current generation, so they had to pick one of the 2 body styles. Sadly, they went with the sedan. :(
I know were hijacking the thread but that makes no sense. A WRX is just a turbo-ed Impreza. It should come in every body style the Impreza is available in.

chambe

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I picked up the GS yesterday from getting ceramic coating and the detailer said there were more people looking at and interested in it than the 2 new Corvette's sitting beside it.
Put H&R lowering springs and wheel spacers on mine, also painted the rear calipers to match fronts. Its gives the GS a very sporty look. A double take is guaranteed. If only I could find OEM 20 inch wheels I would be a happy camper.

chambe

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
The 20 inch GS style. The Opel Insignia B GS, Vauxhall Insignia GSi and the Holden Commodore VXR all have 20's. Can't figure out why our Buick Regal GS's don't.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Can't figure out why our Buick Regal GS's don't.
Yeah there are a lot of real head scratchers when it comes to the features left out of the NA Regal... It's best not to dwell on it too much lol

I'm guessing you already have the part number, but if not, it's 13463434. There doesn't seem to be any available on Germany or Australia's eBay or CL equivalent sites.

Without @blitzparts around to help out, your best luck is to contact a Holden/Opel/Vauxhall dealer directly. Even better, find someone in country that's willing to put in the order and ship them here.

Lastly, it may be worth creating an account on an Insignia or Commodore forum. You could then make a post, asking if anyone would be willing to facilitate the transaction. That one's a Hail Mary, but I guess it depends on how bad you want them.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Yeah there are a lot of real head scratchers when it comes to the features left out of the NA Regal... It's best not to dwell on it too much lol

I'm guessing you already have the part number, but if not, it's 13463434. There doesn't seem to be any available on Germany or Australia's eBay or CL equivalent sites.

Without @blitzparts around to help out, your best luck is to contact a Holden/Opel/Vauxhall dealer directly. Even better, find someone in country that's willing to put in the order and ship them here.

Lastly, it may be worth creating an account on an Insignia or Commodore forum. You could then make a post, asking if anyone would be willing to facilitate the transaction. That one's a Hail Mary, but I guess it depends on how bad you want them.
You might try these guys Opel Parts or these guys Opel GT Source

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Magazines have gotten times in the 14.1 second range, which should be very repeatable by the average person because of AWD. You're not going to beat many WRXs ;)
I think it'd handedly beat a WRX, a STi would be close, magazines have gotten as slow as 5.3 seconds 0-60 for a STI, for some reason they keep getting slower year over year, there is no way that having 50 HP less, much less torque, manual or crappy CVT WRX is going to touch a GS in my eyes.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
TourX vs WRX (rolling start):

Maybe about 6 months ago, I was on the inside of a two lane left turn at a light. As we straightened out and started up an incline I heard the WRX hit it - so I responded. At that time, we were doing about 20 mph and the WRX was even with my rear bumper. After about a quarter mile (or more), he was only about a car length ahead.

Later, the guy rolled down his window and said "damn, that thing's quick" and asked what's under the hood.

At higher speeds we were matched in power. A FWD sportback or GS would have won. I couldn't tell you what year the WRX was.

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!