Squealing 2018 Brakes

akruzer48

Enclave Avenir
I have a 2018 Enclave with about 17,000 miles on it. When backing the brakes squeal so loud you need to cover your ears. I've taken it to two dealers and they just say it's common with these cars and there's no fix. I find that hard to believe. Anyone else experienced this? I don't want to change pads myself and hurt my warranty but it's getting embarrassing when the entire parking lot turns to look at what's making so much noise.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
did either of those dealers look at the TSB's, technical service bulletin? It took seconds to find it.
NHTSA ID Number: 10163218
Manufacturer Communication Number: 17NA217
Summary
This technical bulletin provides a procedure to apply grease to the shims on the front brake pads to correct a condition of Squeal Noise Originating from Front Brakes During Brake Apply.

akruzer48

Enclave Avenir
Apparently they didn't, or chose to talk through the problem rather than fix it. I will certainly bring this to their attention. Thank you for the information!

TEpps

2018 Buick Enclave
I’m having the same issue with my ‘18 Enclave. Brakes squeak for the first 10 mins of driving in any weather condition. Took it to the dealership twice and they say there’s nothing they can do. Really aggravating when paying so much for a car to have everyone stare at you in parking lots.

akruzer

Buick Newbie
2008 Buick Lucerne CXL
It certainly does draw attention. The noise is back on our Enclave/Avenir as well. The fix lasted about a month before it came back. I would think Buick would want to fix this as it isn't the best sales gimmick.

G-262573

I have a 2018 Enclave as well. The squeaking brakes are horrible. Was also told nothing they can do. This was my 3rd Enclave as I’ve always liked the car. I just received a notice to renew my lease for a new 2020 for only $75 more a month. I told them they are crazy if they think I’ll pay more to risk another squeaky car for 3 years. 2 other Enclave owners I know have the same problem. Imagine it will hurt resales.

G-420558

I have a 2018 Enclave with about 17,000 miles on it. When backing the brakes squeal so loud you need to cover your ears. I've taken it to two dealers and they just say it's common with these cars and there's no fix. I find that hard to believe. Anyone else experienced this? I don't want to change pads myself and hurt my warranty but it's getting embarrassing when the entire parking lot turns to look at what's making so much noise.
I also have a 2018 Enclave with the same issue. I’ve taken it to the dealer twice and they say it’s not the brake pads so there’s nothing they can do. I would love to hear if someone has a solution to this! I’m tired to people staring at me in parking lots.

robmack

I have this exact same problem, it is so annoying, literally everyone staring at us in parking lots and when we pull in and out of our driveway. It is a 2018 with very low KMs (less than 10K). I am in Canada. We called our dealership and they said its not a recall on the car so it will cost to fix it. I called GM Canada, they tried telling me I'm out of warranty (when I am not even close to being out of warranty), than they told me the TSB just give the dealership instructions on how to fix it, but I still have to pay for it. The TSB says repairs for this TSB may be covered under the vehicle's New Limited bumper-bumper warranty but apparently that means nothing to anybody. Any tips on what I can do? I think I am done with buying GM cars.

Buick#4

2018 Enclave Avenir
At 16,000 miles, so far I have not experienced squealing. You should call GM again. Perhaps you will get a different CS representative with some compassion. That should not be happening.

jeepgrady

Contributing Member
Lehighton, Pa.
2018 Enclave Avenir
I have this exact same problem, it is so annoying, literally everyone staring at us in parking lots and when we pull in and out of our driveway. It is a 2018 with very low KMs (less than 10K). I am in Canada. We called our dealership and they said its not a recall on the car so it will cost to fix it. I called GM Canada, they tried telling me I'm out of warranty (when I am not even close to being out of warranty), than they told me the TSB just give the dealership instructions on how to fix it, but I still have to pay for it. The TSB says repairs for this TSB may be covered under the vehicle's New Limited bumper-bumper warranty but apparently that means nothing to anybody. Any tips on what I can do? I think I am done with buying GM cars.

Assuming that you are still under warranty, The TSB should bw performed at no cost to you. If the dealer is giving you a hard time, go to a different dealer.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!