• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Squealing 2018 Brakes

akruzer48

Buick Ownership
Enclave Avenir
I have a 2018 Enclave with about 17,000 miles on it. When backing the brakes squeal so loud you need to cover your ears. I've taken it to two dealers and they just say it's common with these cars and there's no fix. I find that hard to believe. Anyone else experienced this? I don't want to change pads myself and hurt my warranty but it's getting embarrassing when the entire parking lot turns to look at what's making so much noise.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
did either of those dealers look at the TSB's, technical service bulletin? It took seconds to find it.
NHTSA ID Number: 10163218
Manufacturer Communication Number: 17NA217
Summary
This technical bulletin provides a procedure to apply grease to the shims on the front brake pads to correct a condition of Squeal Noise Originating from Front Brakes During Brake Apply.

akruzer48

Buick Ownership
Enclave Avenir
Apparently they didn't, or chose to talk through the problem rather than fix it. I will certainly bring this to their attention. Thank you for the information!

Pedal Commander