Squealing brakes on Envision

Magnan

Buick Ownership
Envision
Has anybody else had an issue with squealing brakes. How can squealing brakes on a 2018 Envision with 15000 km be considered as normal? Gm and dealership tells me this is normal. They squeal first time used everyday and only when I back up out of a garage and down my driveway. I have owned Toyota,Ford, Dodge and GMC none had a brake squeaking problem. I am questioning why I would ever buy a Buick or a GM product again. Also why would I get it serviced at at dealership, when they consider this a very minor issue and not a safety problem. I understand that it is not a safety issue but a design or a parts issue.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Have you tried spraying the calipers and rotors with Brakleen to clean the brake dust off them?
Seems like a very minor issue to deter you from buying another GM vehicle.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Is the dealer saying this after they had inspected the brake system? Who did you contact at GM that they also considered acceptable after inspecting the brakes? This has come up on other Buick vehicles, there are TSB to resolve it depending on vehicle and problem, so it's not clear why nothing apparently would be done or suggested.

Magnan

Buick Ownership
Envision
The dealership did a brAke inspection at my cost. No problem found. They noted on work order that there is a squealing but very minor. I talked to gm customer service, said my problem. Requested to talk to a manager was told today that it was discussed with a team. Final ruling is it is my problem. This is a premium 2 model.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
No there isn't a TSB on this vehicle but other Buicks have had a squealing problem which may be a solution. Unfortunately there are no other mentions on your year as having this problem that I could tell, but others have been resolved by different pad material or the pad having lube silencer applied to the back. Also the guide pins lubricated or at least checked, sorry as it seems like it's your problem but these are possible solutions to having it taken care of.

Magnan

Buick Ownership
Envision
Thanks for the info. Solution seems to be simple, I don’t understand why GM would not rectify this issue at their cost. All this does is make me question why I or anybody would purchase a GM product.

Boot4life

Buick Ownership
2017 Envision
Do the brakes themselves squeak, or do you notice it when you start to ease off the brake pedal? I have a 2017 Envision with 40k miles (recently bought; drove an 06 lacrosse prior to) that at first I thought the pads were squeaking, but then I noticed the noise was only after easing of the brake pedal. I just took some wd-40 and sprayed where the brake pedal pivots at. I did that right after work today before going home. I don't recall hearing the noise otw home. But I was also rockin out. Lol. Pretty sure that solved it though.

G-129289

The noise does come from the brakes. I here it from the front brakes. When I am outside the vehicle and someone else is driving.

Boot4life

Buick Ownership
2017 Envision
The noise does come from the brakes. I here it from the front brakes. When I am outside the vehicle and someone else is driving.
Sounds like the pads to me then. That's just routine maintenance. Idk. I would say replace rotors and pads and see what happens. Sure it might be overkill and expensive if you don't work on it yourself, but that would at least check the PM box with brand new stuff.

Also, my squeak is still there. Lol. WD-40 didn't help. I might be missing a pivot somewhere. I'll try again later.

Boot4life

Buick Ownership
2017 Envision
Sounds like the pads to me then. That's just routine maintenance. Idk. I would say replace rotors and pads and see what happens. Sure it might be overkill and expensive if you don't work on it yourself, but that would at least check the PM box with brand new stuff.

Also, my squeak is still there. Lol. WD-40 didn't help. I might be missing a pivot somewhere. I'll try again later.
Update on the brake pedal:

I depressed the brake, and THEN applied WD40. That appears to have solved the problem. I was just applying it without the pedal pushed in before. FYI.

G-711049

Should regular maintenance on brakes be required on a vehicle with 12000 miles. Again I had them checked by a dealership . 8 to 9 mm left on pads. Also told minor squealing is normal On this vehicle. Should it
be normal ? I think not. Kia and others do not have that problem On a new vehicle.They sound like a bus at times, I don’t find this acceptable. Would you.

Kappy

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Has anybody else had an issue with squealing brakes. How can squealing brakes on a 2018 Envision with 15000 km be considered as normal? Gm and dealership tells me this is normal. They squeal first time used everyday and only when I back up out of a garage and down my driveway. I have owned Toyota,Ford, Dodge and GMC none had a brake squeaking problem. I am questioning why I would ever buy a Buick or a GM product again. Also why would I get it serviced at at dealership, when they consider this a very minor issue and not a safety problem. I understand that it is not a safety issue but a design or a parts issue.
same issue on our TourX. Same response from dealer. They said it is from an accumulation of moisture. It is our rear brakes, it seems to go away in the warmer months. It is very annoying. Heard an Enclave backing out of their garage and squealing while walking the dog the other morning.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!