Start/Stop 2017 Envision

lwells741

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thread starter #1
My first Buick in a long time and I really enjoy the vehicle but I will never buy another vehicle if the auto start/stop option cannot be deactivated. At times this feature is dangerous. Please develop an upgrade to deactivate feature.

fordy zeloff

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I, too, will never buy another Buick, or any car for that matter, that will not allow this annoying stop-start feature to be disabled. I have utterly no complaints about my Envision, other than stop-start, and I still am unsatisfied with it. Am anxiously waiting for my lease to near its end to be rid of it.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
try it on a uphill snowy driveway where you are carefully trying to move forward into your garage without any side to side movement as the engine stops and starts.

fordy zeloff

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
There is now a commercial auto-stop override device for the Envision here: SmartStopStart
On sale now for $139.95, if you want one. Looks as if it plugs into the sensor for the hood open or close switch. I completely dislike the stop-start feature on my Envision, but am not going to go this route to override it. I'm leasing and will just suffer through it until closer to my leases end. Thanks for posting about this possibility.

TSS

Buick Ownership
2017 Envision Premium I (AWD 2.0T) ; 2010 Enclave CXL (SOLD)
Just wanted to add that I ordered one of these on Sunday, it arrived in the mail today (Wednesday) , and it works as advertised.

Takes 10 minutes to install. Resolves the one issue I had with respect to my wife's 2017 Premium 1. 139 bucks including shipping. I do wish that GM had just put the button to shut it off in my 2017 like they did in 2019, but this is the next best thing, and you don't need to turn it off every time you get in the car like you do with the 2019. It's a permanent fix to the problem.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.