• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Start / Stop , Shudder & Cough

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Anyone else have this happen? Usually during a hard stop or cold weather, Start stop tries to shut off, motor shudders, won't shut off, stumbles , or eventually dies. So far, it starts right up on green light.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
No

I'll wait to it becoming chronic. Seems to occur when weather is cold. When near 0 Deg. F, Auto start stop is disabled.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Cold weather state here... no issues. I turned off Auto Climate Control so my heated seats stay on longer. ASS still seems to engage at temps around 0F if the car is fully warmed up.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I've had that happen a few times in the colder weather but never enough for it to not start. I run the Trifecta tune that disables the autostop
IT HAS BEEN IN THE 20 AND START STOP WORKS FINE.

I WONDER IF THE TEMP SENSOR IS RIGHT ON THE TIPPING POINT OF DIABLING START STOP WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!