• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Steering wheel heat.

Long Low

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour X Essence
Is it strange that I do not have steering wheel heat, but I do have seat heat.
I would assume these 2 would be offered
Together??

trflesher

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback
Is it strange that I do not have steering wheel heat, but I do have seat heat.
I would assume these 2 would be offered
Together??
I have steering wheel heat but do NOT have heated seats. i'd have to look at which option package I have. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I'm not surprised you have one but not the other.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
According to the 2018 TourX brochure, heated (leather) seats and steering wheel are standard and available only on the Essence. The switch for steering wheel heat is on the "circle" control on the left spoke (along with cruise control on/off).

Attachments

• 2018-buick-regal-tourx-brochure.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

eccs19

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal & 2018 Regal
I have steering wheel heat but do NOT have heated seats. i'd have to look at which option package I have. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I'm not surprised you have one but not the other.
I'm the same as you. Steering wheel heat, but no seats. My seats are cloth. Damned if I remember what package I have. lol

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
*Edit: TourX could only have heated leather seats and heated steering wheel. Sportbacks could have non-heated cloth and heated steering wheel depending on options.

These cars are just a cluster of options packs that don't match what is listed in brochures.

According to that TOURX brochure it looks like the heated wheel is ONLY available on the Essence trim. But if that was true, you would also get heated leather seats.

I would love to see the build sheets for the Preferred cars with non-heated cloth seats that got the heated wheel.

Last edited:

trflesher

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback
These cars are just a cluster of options packs that don't match what is listed in brochures.

According to that brochure it looks like the heated wheel is ONLY available on the Essence trim. But if that was true, you would also get heated leather seats.

I would love to see the build sheets for the Preferred cars with non-heated cloth seats that got the heated wheel.
I think mine is the preferrred or preferred II ... I got the non-heated cloth seats but got heated wheel. I'm not sure what you mean though by the "build sheets" but if you can share what they are, I can see if I might have mine.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
You can request your sheet by sending your VIN to this email address: socialmedia@gm.com

Will edit my earlier post as I was in "TOURX ONLY MODE" - Looks like the Sportbacks had different option packs, so you can in fact have cloth, non-heated seats and still have a heated steering wheel.

Source

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
I had to narrow my search to Essence Sportback so I could get heated seats. I actually dont mind cloth but heated seats are necessary in MN. Oh well, I am liking all the bells and whistles it came with. I'm almost 50, I deserve bells and whistles.

JenkkiMike

At least the Tour X has a button. My wife's 2008 Cayenne has a heated steering wheel but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn it on or off. If it is cold outside and the heat is running it just turns on whether you want it or not.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
At least the Tour X has a button. My wife's 2008 Cayenne has a heated steering wheel but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn it on or off. If it is cold outside and the heat is running it just turns on whether you want it or not.
Check the owner's manual, I believe those models just use ambient temp to automatically turn those on

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn it on or off.

I've had 6 or 16 of those old Cayenne's... I can't remember.

"Steering wheel heat only comes on when the inside temp of vehicle is below 53.6F, then the wheel will heat to 73.4f. Once the inside temp of the vehicle hits 71.6f, the wheel heat shuts off."

Get your turbo buick badge right here!