• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Steering wheel switch removal

Frampton

Buick Ownership
2003 buick lesabre custom
Is there any info on removing the volume, cruise resume set acceleration, buttons(switch) in the steering wheel?? The lights are out and want to know if there's bulbs in them. 03 lesabre custom.Thanks!

TerryP

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes there are bulbs in them! Yes they are difficult to replace! Eiko 8111 will fit them, but you'll more than likely need new blue rubber covers for the bulbs. I think I got them from Bulb Town. If I had to do it over, I'd find a surface mount LED of some type to replace them as they get pretty warm.

Oh, and to get the switches out, I found that getting two very stiff paperclips and then straigthen one leg with a very small L-hook on the end of them. Insert them and then twist 90deg and then pull on them. It takes a little bit to get them out.

Frampton

Buick Ownership
Yes there are bulbs in them! Yes they are difficult to replace! Eiko 8111 will fit them, but you'll more than likely need new blue rubber covers for the bulbs. I think I got them from Bulb Town. If I had to do it over, I'd find a surface mount LED of some type to replace them as they get pretty warm.
Thanks but how do I get the switches out of wheels?

Frampton

Buick Ownership

Oh, and to get the switches out, I found that getting two very stiff paperclips and then straigthen one leg with a very small L-hook on the end of them. Insert them and then twist 90deg and then pull on them. It takes a little bit to get them out.
Ok. I get ya. Makes sense. Thanks again!

Frampton

Buick Ownership

Maybe somehow fishing line.... I'll try paper clips first. Thanks!

Frampton

Buick Ownership
be careful I pulled one of mine out and the wires are so short it came unplug as I just got a visual on the connector being that short it was A royal PITA to get reconnected
Are these bulbs solder in or plug in?

Frampton

Buick Ownership
be careful I pulled one of mine out and the wires are so short it came unplug as I just got a visual on the connector being that short it was A royal PITA to get reconnected
Yeah, getting them out was easy but can't figure out how to replace the bulbs. Took it apart, saw bulbs with blue cover, but how to replace?

patcal

Gresham, OR.
Buick Ownership
2000 Lesabre Limited
Yeah, getting them out was easy but can't figure out how to replace the bulbs. Took it apart, saw bulbs with blue cover, but how to replace?
Just for us curious folks, got any pictures? Switch & where is fits in the wheel.

Pat

Frampton

Buick Ownership
Just for us curious folks, got any pictures? Switch & where is fits in the wheel.

Pat
It's back in the wheel, sorry. I just use 2 small flat head screwdrivers and slowly pried up on all sides of the switch. Be careful when almost out, go slow be sure not to rip plug out. Just carefully unplug it. Easy.

Turbo Buick Badge