stop and start

tombatteryguy

Buick Ownership
2020 Buick Envision
Hello this is Tom new member !
Just purchased a 2020 Envision used with 20K I really enjoy this ride
I have a question on the stop and start button on the dash. Can the dealership reprogram the computer to over ride this button I keep forgetting to inable this feature evert time I get in the car
Any replies

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Envision
Not quite sure what you mean. I'm gonna assume you're not talking about the button you use to start and stop the car (duh!). If it's the button that turns on and off the car when you stop at a light (the auto stop/start feature), that system is usually on BY DEFAULT. One uses the button to turn off the feature until the next time you turn on the car after it's been shut down. These systems in most cars default to the "ON" position. You can also use the button to turn the feature back on after you've turned it off in your current driving session. Very few cars enable you to permanently turn OFF that feature if the MPG rating of the vehicle was improved by it. I know there are some foreign cars (some Porsches) that allow you to turn it off and it stays off.

tombatteryguy

Buick Ownership
2020 Buick Envision
Not quite sure what you mean. I'm gonna assume you're not talking about the button you use to start and stop the car (duh!). If it's the button that turns on and off the car when you stop at a light (the auto stop/start feature), that system is usually on BY DEFAULT. One uses the button to turn off the feature until the next time you turn on the car after it's been shut down. These systems in most cars default to the "ON" position. You can also use the button to turn the feature back on after you've turned it off in your current driving session. Very few cars enable you to permanently turn OFF that feature if the MPG rating of the vehicle was improved by it. I know there are some foreign cars (some Porsches) that allow you to turn it off and it stays off.
thanks for the reply , I understand

DonD

Buick Ownership
19 Regal
Hello this is Tom new member !
Just purchased a 2020 Envision used with 20K I really enjoy this ride
I have a question on the stop and start button on the dash. Can the dealership reprogram the computer to over ride this button I keep forgetting to inable this feature evert time I get in the car
Any replies
You can purchase a disable device that will prevent stop/start such as

Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Envision
I"m convinced that the stop/start system is detrimental not only to the car starter's life span, but also to battery life. It was done for the manufacturers' sake in lowering their CAFE standard (gives them $$ incentives). I've been thinking about these gadgets, but I think that the warning light would still be on when the gadget prevents the system from working as intended.

Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Envision
And I don't feel it should be done as long as the car is under warranty - very important. Don't give them a chance to turn you down on your warranty due to your "unauthorized modification".