Stop Start

fiftyslost1

Buick Ownership
2021 Encore GX
I've been looking for a way to turn off the stop start feature permanently. I have a off switch on dash but would like to turn it off for good. Can someone verify if the stop start is disabled when pulling a trailer? I read that a guy with a Ford pickup plugged a tester into the hitch wiring making the computer think he was pulling a trailer and it turned off the S/S.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
They make devices that plug into the OBD port but you will have to search for one that works for your model and year.

LGB

Buick Ownership
2020 Encore GX Select
I've been looking for a way to turn off the stop start feature permanently. I have a off switch on dash but would like to turn it off for good. Can someone verify if the stop start is disabled when pulling a trailer? I read that a guy with a Ford pickup plugged a tester into the hitch wiring making the computer think he was pulling a trailer and it turned off the S/S.
I to hate the ass! I tried trailer tester but it didn't seem to work 20 gx. What seem to work is disconnect the hood latch sensor. I tried for a day
and it worked. Plugged it back in, afraid might do
some harm in other systems.

fiftyslost1

Buick Ownership
2021 Encore GX
0I to hate the ass! I tried trailer tester but it didn't seem to work 20 gx. What seem to work is disconnect the hood latch sensor. I tried for a day
and it worked. Plugged it back in, afraid might do
some harm in other systems.
Thanks for eliminating the trailer hitch wiring tester as a fix. I read somewhere that plugging something into the 110 volt receptacle like a cell phone charger or small night light would keep the S/S from activating. I don't have that receptacle but would like for someone that does to try it and let us know.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!