• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

StopTech Front Brake Pad Replacement Brembos on 2012 Regal GS

tmitty

Rockaway Beach, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS, 20" Wheels, DTW, MT, NAV, SUNROOF, 2010 Enclave
The pads in the front Brembos were almost down to the metal after 16K. I could live with the noise from the Brembos, but the brake dust was just ridiculous...especially for the $200+ pricetag.

After some research I decided on StopTech (made by Centric):
CENTRIC Part # 30910010 Para-Aramid Material StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads Front; Brembo Front Calipers $55.79 a pair at ROCKAUTO.COM

While they definitely don't have the bite of the Brembo's, they are good enough. The pedal isn't so sensitive now. You can still stop on a dime, it just takes a little more effort.

The good thing is that they are DEAD QUIET and NO BRAKE DUST...at least nothing visible after 1 week.

It takes longer to get the wheels off than it does to change pads in the Brembos. You don't even have to take the caliper off the rotor. Just compress the pistons back using the old pad in there with some big pliers. Pull them right out of the back of the caliper. Grease up the new pads, pop 'em back in and put the wheels back on...done.

I would recommend them for anyone replacing their pads. The dealer charges $150+labor for similar pad...(ceramic, I think). That's a total waste of money. Stopping is overrated anyway. I like to GO!:D

BayouBuick

Louisiana
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
BUMP! I installed these pads over the weekend because my OE pads were toast. Easy and quick install but there is a noticeable difference in performance. I guess that is the price you pay for no dust.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
for me id have to maintain using brembos although theres a big price difference .. i want to know at all times i have the best pads in

give the pads a little time they should get better after a break in period

tmitty

Rockaway Beach, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS, 20" Wheels, DTW, MT, NAV, SUNROOF, 2010 Enclave
These pads actually do get a lot better with age...especially in the rain. They actually rival the stock Brembo pads (when they are wet). Dry...they definitely do not have as much bite as stock. I have also noticed some noise when braking hard now. I might have to re-grease the back of the pads.

I drive like an a$$hole about 75% of the time and these pads do their job very well. While the Brembos were much more touch sensitive, it's easy enough to get used to the StopTechs. It just takes more pressure on the pedal. They haven't slowed me down. I still have plenty of confidence in the brakes.

The tires are another story...I miss my pirellis...but that's another thread.

NHRATA01

New York
Buick Ownership
'01 Trans Am, '12 GS
It takes longer to get the wheels off than it does to change pads in the Brembos. You don't even have to take the caliper off the rotor. Just compress the pistons back using the old pad in there with some big pliers. Pull them right out of the back of the caliper. Grease up the new pads, pop 'em back in and put the wheels back on...done.
Yeah that's a nice thing about Brembo's - they were designed to quickly change pads in between lapping sessions on the track. Very quick to do. Lol I can't imagine paying $150 to a dealer to do that. It's easier than changing your oil.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
These pads actually do get a lot better with age...especially in the rain. They actually rival the stock Brembo pads (when they are wet). Dry...they definitely do not have as much bite as stock. I have also noticed some noise when braking hard now. I might have to re-grease the back of the pads.

I drive like an a$$hole about 75% of the time and these pads do their job very well. While the Brembos were much more touch sensitive, it's easy enough to get used to the StopTechs. It just takes more pressure on the pedal. They haven't slowed me down. I still have plenty of confidence in the brakes.

The tires are another story...I miss my pirellis...but that's another thread.
i love hearing a fellow a$$hole driver lol we drive alike haha .. stoptechs are good pads but id have to stick with brembos unless a new pad comes out

alfasteve

Buick Ownership
Buick
Brakes? They can only slow you down...

Pedal Commander