• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

strange noise

shop hermit

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My daughter has a 2011 Buick Regal that she bought second-hand. Not long after she bought it, It started making a strange, almost purring, shuddering noise at idle. Doesn't do it all the time, but more often than not. I advised her to take it back to the dealer but he's about 100 miles away and she never got around to it. Seems like i've heard that something like this was not uncommon in this model. Any information appreciated!

old rancher

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
If it a rattling type noise I'm guessing it is a timing chain issue. Get it fixed as soon as possible to avoid further engine damage. It may also affect the braking system.