Stubby/short Antenna for 2014 Encore

mcaracciolo384

Pittsburgh, PA
2014 Encore
Hi Everyone,

I need a shorter antenna so that my encore will fit in my garage. i have seen the stubbyantenna.com website, but don't really like them, they are a little too small/skinny. Does Buick offer shorter antenna replacements through the dealership or online anywhere or does anyone know of any other websites i could try out. any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks!

Mike

BobZ

Buick
For what it is worth, I replaced the one on my 2013 BMW 135i with a shorty and the reception has not been impacted so I, too would like to replace the one on the Encore as well...we just need to find a source with the correct threads, etc.

BobZ

Buick
Looks good...wonder how it compares to those offered on stubbyantenna.com? Regardless, looking forward to your report on how it looks, works, etc.!

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
I really like the looks of that antenna! Let us know if the one for the Enclave works and fits, please.

mcaracciolo384

Pittsburgh, PA
2014 Encore
sorry, thought i replied to this already. the antenna for the enclave fits perfectly and looks great. much better than the teeny one from stubbyantenna.com. i hightly recommend it.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
I've been using the girlfriend's Forester for hauling T1-11 since the antenna pivits down the the roof rails are raised allowing straps through them. So today I made a 2x4x14 in the Encore. Luckily I only had 2 miles of 25-35 mph to drive. ;)

Attachments

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
I just had a thought about the antenna. Still waiting for mine. My Encore came with a trial of Onstar. I did not renew it when it ran out because I consider it way too expensive. If one kept Onstar would this antenna work well with it??

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
I received this antenna today, Saturday 051014. It came with no instructions, but said to go to their website for instructions. I went to the website, could not find instructions. Tried live chat, business shut down for the weekend. The antenna came with two screws, long and short. I tried the short screw, it would not screw down enough to make a tight fit. When I tried to unscrew it, the screw stuck in my car's antenna mount. It took a pair of pliers to loosen it. I put the original factory antenna back on. It does not hit my garage as we have 9' doors. I am trying to return this stubby antenna which is supposed to be made for a Buick, but came with no instructions. I am concerned that trying to install it will damage my antenna mount so the original factory antenna won't work anymore. I am not satisfied with it at all. Very poor customer service, as well.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
I withdraw my comment about poor customer service, I was frustrated because it arrived on Saturday when they were closed and could not get any help. I got a call from the company. They were very nice. They explained why they sent two varying lengths of screw threads with the antenna. Apparently you have to try the long and short one to see which is right. When you installed the one on your Encore, do you recall which one worked? With no instructions included I tried to install it incorrectly. Now I know how and am waiting for another short screw thread as I nicked the thread having to use pliers to get it out of my antenna mount. Once I get that, I will again try and put the stubby on. As I told the company since it is here, I would rather try and make it work, than return it without trying. It does look a lot better than the one included on the SUV. I failed to ask them, but I seriously doubt it will work with Onstar.

Turbo Buick Badge