Subframe bushings

W.Lasabre

2004 Buick Lasabre
Hello buick lovers, well I am going to replace my subframe bushings over the weekend, but i have a quick question for everyone or anyone who might know. What i need to know is exactly how many bushings i actually have. I have a 2004 buick lasabre custom. I swear I see 4 but some are saying 5. Or even 6

W.Lasabre

2004 Buick Lasabre
I'm going to knock em out tomorrow morning, I'll let you know , I might be able to take a disassembled picture for ya. Then a finished picture , was thinking since i have to drop the subframe , do the rear trans mount while I'm in there

W.Lasabre

2004 Buick Lasabre
Going to take a few extra days. So apparently these bushing are molded around a steel cup. That gets pressed inside of the subframe slot. Well they rust and get siezed in there, took 4 hrs to get 2 out!

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
Florida
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Going to take a few extra days. So apparently these bushing are molded around a steel cup. That gets pressed inside of the subframe slot. Well they rust and get siezed in there, took 4 hrs to get 2 out!
It may be necessary to fabricate a puller tool with a very heavy threaded rod for this task. What are you using?

Marky48170

2002 buick lesabre limited
That bad.

Did you watch any videos on it?

W.Lasabre

2004 Buick Lasabre
Yeah but none say that the metal sleeve gets rusted together and I literally had to pound each sleeve out with a chisel and 5 lb hammer

W.Lasabre

2004 Buick Lasabre
You have 3 inches of clearance. Just enough to pull the top sleeve and bushing out.

W.Lasabre

2004 Buick Lasabre
Someone said to take apart a saw and reattach the blade with it in the frame but it seems like it would take longer bc of the amount of space you have to actually saw , but pb blaster is a god send, soaked it for 2 days and banged em out

Turbo Buick Badge