• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Suddenly navigation in down, SD card not read.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Navigation was working on my way to work. Started TourX after work, No navigation. It could not Load the SD Card. I fiddled with it to make sure it was inserted. What does the little white switch do on the side of the SD card.?
I tried both positions, nada.
Anyone else have the navigation head south?
I called dealer and asked if they could mail a new card to try.
Answer, No we will not do that, make an appointment.
Remainder of infotainment, etc. seems to work . Not tried Android Auto.
A few days ago, it lost all radio presets?
Car may have tens of thousands more computer power than the Apollo moon missions, but as far as reliability goes, not so sure.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Wagon
The switch locks and unlocks the card for writing data only. It works for read either way. iirc, once the card is coded to the car it can’t be switched to another.

Did you try another power cycle? Last week I started the car and the screen was blank. It took a good two minutes and two key cycles to wake up. Been fine since.

Infotainment is the Achilles heel of the car. I’m making an appointment soon for the sound cutting out to check for any updates.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
So magically the Navigation is working again??
So on another subjects related to infotainment, depending on the day.

I lose Android auto.

Radio has lost all the presets twice.

Radio on when I shut car off, sometimes I get back in at end of day the radio is off?

The infotainment system appears haunted.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
So magically the Navigation is working again??
So on another subjects related to infotainment, depending on the day.

I lose Android auto.

Radio has lost all the presets twice.

Radio on when I shut car off, sometimes I get back in at end of day the radio is off?

The infotainment system appears haunted.
OK. First off.
1. Sometimes my audio also goes off when I restart car. Always comes back on when I touch audio icon on screen. This is a non-problem to me. Just touch audio icon and radio comes back on.

2. Radio loosing presets. With me, I would lose only my AM & FM presets. Would NOT lose XM presets. Don’t know if you noticed, but the AM/FM preset frequencies are still in the screen but VERY FAINT. You can still reprogram a station by manually finding that station then touching and holding any of the dark buttons with the very faint frequencies showing. (Yes. It’s a PITA). Last March, dealer flashed the audio system. Corrected problem for a while but then problem started again. After I would reprogram, it would last for anywhere from three days to three months. One week ago yesterday, October 1st, took it to Dealer and got it re-flashed (reprogrammed) again. Technician told me Buick has an updated fix which he installed, however an additional updated fix will be issued in the future. My advice to you is to do what I did before the re-flash. I wrote down the stations (frequencies) I want to reprogram so I don’t have to remember what I want.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
OK. First off.
1. Sometimes my audio also goes off when I restart car. Always comes back on when I touch audio icon on screen. This is a non-problem to me. Just touch audio icon and radio comes back on.

2. Radio loosing presets. With me, I would lose only my AM & FM presets. Would NOT lose XM presets. Don’t know if you noticed, but the AM/FM preset frequencies are still in the screen but VERY FAINT. You can still reprogram a station by manually finding that station then touching and holding any of the dark buttons with the very faint frequencies showing. (Yes. It’s a PITA). Last March, dealer flashed the audio system. Corrected problem for a while but then problem started again. After I would reprogram, it would last for anywhere from three days to three months. One week ago yesterday, October 1st, took it to Dealer and got it re-flashed (reprogrammed) again. Technician told me Buick has an updated fix which he installed, however an additional updated fix will be issued in the future. My advice to you is to do what I did before the re-flash. I wrote down the stations (frequencies) I want to reprogram so I don’t have to remember what I want.
I'm relieved to here I am no more insane than before I got the TourX. I gave up the XM radio. In any case it is a good idea to write down the station numbers. Thanks for the tips.
All infotaiment sucks, we should just entertain ourselves driving.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I have had it act up twice in 9K miles. Once the message was the SD card was not inserted, which is was. Restart fixed that, so far it hasn't done it again.

Second the screen basically became unusable, I could change screens but audio was dead (XM, FM, AM - all of it), GPS showed map but didn't move, climate system could only be controlled by hard buttons and knobs, screen showed the climate system but wouldn't update, 4G connection was dead. It all came back to life as normal after shutting off and restarting it (after car sat for a while).

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I have had it act up twice in 9K miles. Once the message was the SD card was not inserted, which is was. Restart fixed that, so far it hasn't done it again.

Second the screen basically became unusable, I could change screens but audio was dead (XM, FM, AM - all of it), GPS showed map but didn't move, climate system could only be controlled by hard buttons and knobs, screen showed the climate system but wouldn't update, 4G connection was dead. It all came back to life as normal after shutting off and restarting it (after car sat for a while).
I hope GM software guys are not going to get a job at Boeing!:unsure:

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Hey, it’s not only our cars. I’ve had other brands that did the efact thing. Also read about this on other brand forums.

Pedal Commander