Sunglasses Holder

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
For those of you who search eBay you might have seen these. Well, I broke down and bought one some time ago. Plug and play in the regal...2 screws and takes 3 minutes to install. Made to hold your sunglasses and replaces the drivers side grab handle. Worth every penny.

Here's an eBay link to a grey one. I will post a pic of mine shortly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAUXHALL-OP...Accessories&hash=item231c61eb05#ht_1476wt_931

Last edited:

RoyHobbs

Buick Ownership
Buick
I think I'm going to have to order one of these...but why does the listing say "NOT SUITABLE FOR VEHICLES FITTED WITH A SUNROOF."

trevgtp

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
just ordered one-if you search there are cheaper ones on ebay.. got it for 15.5 gbp or $25..not a steal, but pretty cool nonetheless

Last edited:

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
just ordered one-if you search there are cheaper ones on ebay.. got it for 15.5 gbp or $25..not a steal, but pretty cool nonetheless

That's not a bad price. Works with a sunroof...not sure how it would even interfere with it.

Greg B.

I think I'm going to have to order one of these...but why does the listing say "NOT SUITABLE FOR VEHICLES FITTED WITH A SUNROOF."

If you look at the drivers side grab handle on sunroof cars, it it inset into what amounts to a pocket in the headliner since the contour to accommodate the sunroof means the headliner juts into that space. I wonder if you can get your fingers on it enough to open it on those cars, or if it would even fit? Maybe someone who ordered one for a sunroof car can report.

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
Mine has a sunroof and works fine...no problems getting the sunglasses out.

12GSMN

5.7L Member
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
I am not sure why you need the cover, I put my sunglasses, with glass side up in the grab handle pocket as the grab handle has enough spring to hold them securely in place. Try it and you will see what I mean, they tuck in quite nicely.

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
not a necessity i guess...but its nice to have other options. :cool:

RoyHobbs

Buick Ownership
Buick
Got mine in the mail yesterday and installed it. It's very handy.
Much better than cramming my expensive sunglasses between the grab handle and the roof.

12GSMN

5.7L Member
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Got mine in the mail yesterday and installed it. It's very handy.
Much better than cramming my expensive sunglasses between the grab handle and the roof.

Hey, I paid a whole $14.99 for my sunglasses so i do not want to damage them! :)

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
I hear ya...I usually buy the sunglasses that cost $10 bucks because I end up sitting on them 2 weeks after I buy them. Ever since I purchased the holder...I can't justify putting the cheapies in there....had to upgrade :)

javanscyoc

Buick Ownership
Buick
I always use the compartment to the left of the steering wheel for my glasses. There is actually just enough room for my expensive sunglasses in case and a cheapy amber tinted pair I occasionally use for night driving.

If using this for glasses storage, what would be good to store there instead?

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I'm not sure how large the knee storage area is on the Regals but in my LaCrosse I was able to take an iphone charging cable up from the center console power and into that area. My pics show a white cable just to see how the routing would work, afterwards I replaced it with a 10' black cable from ebay. The LaCrosse is woefully lacking in storage but with this I'm able to change my phone and my wallet fits in there as well. When you get to be my age sitting on a wallet for a long drive is intolerable :)

Did the same thing around the other side and stuck a charger in the glovebox for the wife.

12GSMN

5.7L Member
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Great idea. On the Lacrosse that cubby is padded, no such on the Regal, but buy some peel and stick black felt, cut and place and the rattle of your contents is taken away. I did this on the cubby on the middle of the dash as well.

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Buick Ownership
Verano
Would you mind measuring the bolt spacing on that glasses case? The handle and space look similar to those on my Verano and I'd love to put a case in it.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!