BigA1C

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal Turbo
I’ve just purchased the trifecta tune for my 2011 turbo regal with 54k miles, and I must say after having it for 2 days it has been a tremendous difference. It honestly feels like a different car, it was super de-tuned out of the factory which is pretty obvious given the 50hp difference between the 2011 and 2012 although the 2012s have a K04 (maybe??). Anyways I was wondering if anybody has any first hand experience or advice about support mods to prevent premature engine failure. Trifecta confirmed 24 peak PSI for the tune and that makes me very nervous to let my car rev over 5k rpms. I try to remain civil with my shifting but I’m just having so much fun with this newfound power.
P.S If anyone else has experience the weird clunky shifting I can say pretty positively that the tune has also fixed that, apparently trifecta also remapped the TCU and whatever they did corrected whatever they couldn’t seem to do right at GM...

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
The Trifecta tune is developed for a car with no mods so there's no need to worry about damaging the motor. I've had my car tuned for 5 years without any other mods and I've had no issues at all driving my car hard.

BigA1C

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal Turbo
The Trifecta tune is developed for a car with no mods so there's no need to worry about damaging the motor. I've had my car tuned for 5 years without any other mods and I've had no issues at all driving my car hard.
Do you think that adding a downpipe and cold air intake would increase boost enough where it would be cause for concern?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Those mods won't increase boost but the motor will breath better and make more power. But you need to have the tune recalibrated for the DP and CAI to take advantage of those mods. Anytime you add or change mods you need to retune the motor.

PS. I rev mine as high as it will go until it shifts and nothing in the drivetrain has failed after 75000 miles.

Last edited:

BigA1C

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal Turbo
Those mods won't increase boost but the motor will breath better and make more power. But you need to have the tune recalibrated for the DP and CAI to take advantage of those mods. Anytime you add or change mods you need to retune the motor.

PS. I rev mine as high as it will go until it shifts and nothing in the drivetrain has failed after 75000 miles.
Thanks you, you don’t happen to know what it shifts at in the auto? Mines a manual.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!