Surprised

Thread starter #1

Terry B

Buick Ownership
Cascada 2018
2018 Buick Cascada, truly surprised that standard safety equipment on a Honda Civic and Toyota Camry is not even available on any model the Cascada. Also shocked by the method General Motors finance arm used to allow the incentive program. In my eyes it is a fraud.

Thread starter #4

Terry B

Buick Ownership
Cascada 2018
Side Mirrors that light up when there is a car on your side. Buick Casada advises if you cross a line and do not use directional signal.
In order to get $ incentive you must use G.M. Financing for 6 months and they do not advise the outrages rate that must be paid for those six months. When you refinance you are financing a used car.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Buick Cascada will be discontinued in 2019 so it's not a problem anymore. Unless someone bought one then it's too late and will be paying high finance charges on a vehicle for a while with a trade in value of a Saab 9-3 convertible.

Thread starter #6

Terry B

Buick Ownership
Cascada 2018
Buick Cascada will be discontinued in 2019 so it's not a problem anymore. Unless someone bought one then it's too late and will be paying high finance charges on a vehicle for a while with a trade in value of a Saab 9-3 convertible.
Maybe that is one reason that it had to be discontinued.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Well thanks for the valuable input. Buick will be around forever as it's one of the best selling vehicle in China and they have lots of buyers. The emperor and premier had Buick’s so it has status over there you can not buy with marketing and people are purchasing them on that fact. So I will sleep well tonight knowing that Buick will be around tomorrow and the value won't be going down.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Buick is the only GM brand that has always been in the black through many GM downturns.

But I agree with you Terry. Buick is not doing anyone favors with the fine print in the contracts.
Hence why so many folks are driving Kia's and Toyota's instead of American cars.
GM is their own worst enemy.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Not only is the Cascada on the way out, it rides an old platform with older tech. Since GM isn't keeping it, it won't spend $ for upgrades. As a vehicle competing in a niche where its competitors had already vanished (EOS, Sebring, Solara, etc.) the Cascada brought in conquest sales. Comparing a Buick two-door convertible to a Civic or Camry is apples-to-tomatoes.

Buick Cascada Sales Increase 3 Percent To 1,101 Units In Q3 2018

From the above link - "Nevertheless, adding the Cascada to the Buick lineup was meant to fill “white space” to change the brand’s perception while also attracting new-to-brand customers. Figures released by Buick in 2017 state that the Cascada has been successful in doing exactly that, with nearly 70 percent of Cascada customers being new to GM."

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Fine print is in all contracts but it's when someone doesn't read it and the changes happen that the company is now the criminal. There's a lot of what is considered deceptive practices in the financial services, but it's the individual who is more interested in getting a good price at the time then finds out what they actually signed up for only afterwards.

It's like getting a 5 year lease on a vehicle that has a 4 year warranty. Then it's the fault of the salesman, dealer, manufacturer and financial services for leasing the vehicle when a service issue comes up and the leaser has to pay for it. But no complaints about getting the lowest monthly payment at time. It's the housing meltdown part 2, I don't agree any of this is correct by financial services in the automotive industry but it's not like it never happened before.

Opel is pulling the plug on the Cascada so Buick / GM really are not involved in the decision and with the shift to SUV market probably not going to be to concerned about the loss of a few new customers in the USA, GM is looking to make profits and the USA for Buick is now number 2 and has become the redheaded step child at the product offering table.

Yes, that's why a rant about how a car doesn't have safety features as in other completely different vehicles and that a loan service is criminal, well that is a opinion and just like another body part everyone has one. LOL

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
On the financing issue---do what you need to do. I went with GM financing to get the $$ incentives with a ridiculous 6.99% rate, made one payment (that cost me ~$200, in retrospect I shouldn't have waited as I didn't want payments to cross) then immediately refinanced at a local bank at 3.89%. It's a bit of work but worth it.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
When I did the finincing for my 18' Sportback through the Buick dealer, they were using the same bank as I use ( TD Canada Trust ). At 2.99 % 84 months 0 down.
I pay $ 228 bi-weekly.
I'm happy.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.