• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Switch to Chevrolet 350.

cadjaw55

Buick Ownership
1970 Skylark
I had a feeling that this was going to be a 2 door sedan. Thanks or the pics.
As I understand it, and referencing my 'Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946 - 1975' it is a base 43300 series car, with 43327 indicating it is a base, Skylark 2 door coupe (sedan, not a hardtop). The last 6 of the VIN indicate the engine, with 600001 and up for 6 cylinder cars, and 100001 and up for V8 cars.
IIRC correctly, the 3 alphanumeric characters of 02C are Fisher Body option codes, showing only 3 Fisher Body options (not all options are necessarily from Fisher Body in this era. I assume one of them is for the remote control driver's mirror.
There were 18620 base, Skylark 2 door sedans made for 1970. No breakout of 6 cylinder vs V8 models.
I cannot seem to find a code that has a red paint color. On the build tag it has 75/75

cadjaw55

Buick Ownership
1970 Skylark
75 is Fire Red, 75 lower body, 75 upper body
1970 Buick All Models Colors of Touch Up Paint
75 is Fire Red, 75 lower body, 75 upper body
1970 Buick All Models Colors of Touch Up Paint
Thank you so kindly! I am amazed at the information people come up with on these antiques. I am in the process of waxing this car up, I am impressed by the way the color is coming up. I still believe it was partially repainted.....some overspray around headlight trim, possibly a fender-bender of long ago...touch up of scratches? I was told it was mostly original paint, i will post some photos today.....some rusting of rear quarters, but I will leave it as is for now, interior is excellent, headliner great, seats a little thin, radio original not working, no cracks on dash, car was definitely kept in a garage and I believe 79k miles is legit. Not a pricey car but cool. LOL.......Great car for a first "old car" and I believe we got lucky as it was running, but needed new carb, alternator and lots of tlc.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
As they say it's only original once, keep all the bad or needing replaced parts and eat the core charge. If it's ever going to be sold those original bad parts can add value even if it's in a box, just my opinion.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Thank you so kindly! I am amazed at the information people come up with on these antiques. I am in the process of waxing this car up, I am impressed by the way the color is coming up. I still believe it was partially repainted.....some overspray around headlight trim, possibly a fender-bender of long ago...touch up of scratches? I was told it was mostly original paint, i will post some photos today.....some rusting of rear quarters, but I will leave it as is for now, interior is excellent, headliner great, seats a little thin, radio original not working, no cracks on dash, car was definitely kept in a garage and I believe 79k miles is legit. Not a pricey car but cool. LOL.......Great car for a first "old car" and I believe we got lucky as it was running, but needed new carb, alternator and lots of tlc.
1970's is no problem. Try answering questions about 1950's or older cars and information can be really scarce.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I may have missed something but you would be making a big mistake putting a Chevy in it.
Smart move would be to make it into a GSX clone in white with 4 speed and light interior.
Might as well go with top dog GM power and put Pontiac Ram Air V engine in it, since not number matching anyway.
Seriously if its got Buick V8 just keep it running and/or improve it with better performing parts, best version of that engine put out almost as much power as Pontiac's 350 HO in 70.

Last edited:
Pedal Commander