Tachometer fuse location? If any?

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Anybody know which fuse and where it is located for the 93 Buick PS SC? ECM as well? Thanks!

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
There is no fuse for the tach, it gets its signal directly from the ICM. ECM fuse is usually located in the passenger side fuse/relay box. It should have a cover label showing what the fuse/relays are for.

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
There is no fuse for the tach, it gets its signal directly from the ICM. ECM fuse is usually located in the passenger side fuse/relay box. It should have a cover label showing what the fuse/relays are for.
Wonderful.....that fuse panel hidden under the dashboard that one cannot reach without tearing the dashboard off correct? The one where the fuel pump fuse is located?

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
HotZ28? Might you know where harness or wire runs from the CPS behind the HB? How would one replace the whole wire? Thanks!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
HotZ28? Might you know where harness or wire runs from the CPS behind the HB? How would one replace the whole wire? Thanks!
Something really close to this. See how it routes down to the crank sensor,but hugs behind the ICM bracket?

should be very similar to yours A436FBE1-613B-4E02-88DC-87776ADD18C5.jpeg

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS

If the tach is not working check/wiggle the ICM -
  • E- WHITE wire.
    1. Instrument Panel Tachometer Signal.

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick

If the tach is not working check/wiggle the ICM -
  • E- WHITEwire.
    1. Instrument Panel Tachometer Signal.
The ICM? The wires that screw into the unit with the 3 ignition coils on top correct? ICM ECU I get confused. The wires are in very bad shape in several areas. I will be soldering soon...thanks...

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Something really close to this. See how it routes down to the crank sensor,but hugs behind the ICM bracket?

should be very similar to yours View attachment 30466
What might you suggest to clean all this up? Engine degreaser? Not WD 40. I have contact cleaner. The belts are off. I am thinking strong goof off on the various pulleys to remove old belt plastics left on them. I have to take thecSC snout off too and see if that mechanic did really replace the coupler and did he use a gasket when he put the snout back on? I am sure one nut is still loose. I have just 5W 30 Synthetic in there as GM bulletin said you could use it on 62 superchargers. The gears really beat the oil up I see as I have replaced it twice.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
What might you suggest to clean all this up? Engine degreaser? Not WD 40. I have contact cleaner. The belts are off. I am thinking strong goof off on the various pulleys to remove old belt plastics left on them. I have to take thecSC snout off too and see if that mechanic did really replace the coupler and did he use a gasket when he put the snout back on? I am sure one nut is still loose. I have just 5W 30 Synthetic in there as GM bulletin said you could use it on 62 superchargers. The gears really beat the oil up I see as I have replaced it twice.
I would buy supercharger I don’t know about the gm saying to use 5w30 but even if that is the case buy the supercharger oil. It’s not very expensive. And when you need to put the snout on you could use rtv or since it’s machined metal flats, paper gasket should work you can make that with a knife or razor

there is a gasket somewhere I’m sure but shipping

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
I would buy supercharger I don’t know about the gm saying to use 5w30 but even if that is the case buy the supercharger oil. It’s not very expensive. And when you need to put the snout on you could use rtv or since it’s machined metal flats, paper gasket should work you can make that with a knife or razor

there is a gasket somewhere I’m sure but shipping
I would use an engine degreaser that foams. Should be safe

Get your turbo buick badge right here!