Take the deal from BMW or Keep it? Hmm....🤔

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic" & 17' BMW M3 F80
Hey everyone,

I've been debating this issue for almost 3 months now. This all happen before Thanksgiving and when I went to BMW to look at the M3's. At first I was going to do a straight trade in but realized I had the feeling that if I get rid of the regal theres no more like it again. Lol but at that time they were offering me $22k for the car with at the time with 7900k miles on the odo. I paid $43k in 2016, but the value I cannot believe is low. They had the drive and look around and check services and they like what they saw at the time, the sales rep at the time said this was the cleanest buick regals they have seen due to the fact when I mention to them was the whole car including seats were ceramic coated 2 weeks prior after taking ownership of the car.

My wife tells me all the time that the car just sits and when it moves is when I take it out for errands or just drive it a couple miles. And truit's TRUE, since 2016 of November this regal does sit and i don't even put 1k miles within a year. I just dont want to regret letting this car go because I love the car I've invested alot into it, been paid off but it's one of those unique cars on the road that when people see it, they dont believe its a buick brand. But I havent made a decision yet because its a fun car to drive and it handles corners at 50+ mph. ☠ Its been 2 months and the service manager still firm with the price of $22k and they said (its a good car to be in our show room floor) I dont know what that means but idk how a buick regal GS fot around BMW's in the building lmao. Well see and keep you guys updated on my decision.
IMG_20171215_213707_974.jpg

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
BMW made some very special cars in the past, especially the E30. But now I find BMWs to be incredibly bland.

One thing that has not changed is very frequent and very expensive maintenance. That is partly due to small scale BMW has to develop and beta test. Partly result of cars designed to be driven on European roads at extremely high speeds for long periods of time.

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
Good luck with a decision. We sold our 1998 BMW 323is in for our 2012 Regal GS. The BMW was nice, but after warranty it was very expensive to fix. I couldn't get out of the dealer for under 1K for anything (except an oil change).

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
They must really want to sell you a BMW as their offer is 4K over the wholesale price that most dealers base their trades on.
Where I live BMW and Audi are a dime a dozen but Regal GS is very rare. I came to Buick from Audi and,very frankly, after owning my ‘13 GS for two years I think that it is a much more solid car and more fun to drive.

XtraPerformance

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
I'd keep the Buick and ditch the BMW but I might be biased...;)

Honestly, if the Regal is just sitting around not being used there really isn't any benefit to keeping it around. It's simply just losing more value as time goes by.

PS - How do you like your ceramic coating? I had mine done in November 2017 and it still beads like crazy!

Jon17GS

NJ
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS
I vote to keep the GS! It's a rare and special car, I love the look of it too.

Did you have the car ceramic coated professionally or by yourself? I have the white frost tri-coat and I'm considering doing this. I love the color and luster.

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
How do you ceramic coat seats?
You take it to a authorized ceramic pro dealer and they have the product but just for seats and any type of material. They showed me that it can be done on clothes and shoes. i was lost when they asked and i said show me and they showed me how it was done and it works, it beads up and doesn't sink into the fabric. its pricey and with all my stuff inside outside, wheels and calipers were $3k / a week away without a vehicle and they say the drying process takes 24 hours depending on how much layers you want

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership

Did you have the car ceramic coated professionally or by yourself? I have the white frost tri-coat and I'm considering doing this. I love the color and luster.
I got it professionally done, once i got the car i had it taken to a certified dealer and they had the car for a week. I wish i can do it but it takes way to long to do it yourself, granted i can polish it myself, decontaminate it but the product they wont sell it unless your a dealer. Plus you would have to use heating lamps but some don't, but it helps the curing process. I love the shine and luster, it does help every spring and summer and rain, nothing sticks to it. Their is people who don't believe in this product because they think its a waste or its just an excuse of (laziness of not cleaning your car) but i concur to that statement, it helps to keep the value of the car i say. Do it man, you'll see the difference in shine and how deep and you'll see the metallic in it under the sun. I spent $3k on it with 2 coats, i've done the body, seats, calipers. Just like what i said, it depends on how much coats you want then the $$$ goes up lol

SSJ455

Hudson Valley
Buick Ownership
2013 Quicksilver Regal GS

Wow!! I had no idea you could do that to a non-painted surface. Cool.

SSJ455

Hudson Valley
Buick Ownership
You take it to a authorized ceramic pro dealer and they have the product but just for seats and any type of material. They showed me that it can be done on clothes and shoes. i was lost when they asked and i said show me and they showed me how it was done and it works, it beads up and doesn't sink into the fabric. its pricey and with all my stuff inside outside, wheels and calipers were $3k / a week away without a vehicle and they say the drying process takes 24 hours depending on how much layers you want

Cool. I had no idea you could use it on non-painted surface.

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
I'd keep the Buick and ditch the BMW but I might be biased...;)

Honestly, if the Regal is just sitting around not being used there really isn't any benefit to keeping it around. It's simply just losing more value as time goes by.

PS - How do you like your ceramic coating? I had mine done in November 2017 and it still beads like crazy!
haha, i LOVE the coating, 2 yrs in and it still beads like crazy. I have people think its carnuba wax and i keep telling them no lol / the M3 i just recently got that last july (USED) at for $54k with less than 25k miles on the odo, thats when the sales manager saw the GS and wanted to have it on his showroom floor and i was leaning towards it but didn't take the bullet because he was like well you'll save this and that and i just laughed lol...So the car does sit around and i drive and drive it but not enough, my wife work an hour away and i tried to let her drive it but she says she doesn't trust people around her or where to park it around work because something may happen to it lol

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
Good luck with a decision. We sold our 1998 BMW 323is in for our 2012 Regal GS. The BMW was nice, but after warranty it was very expensive to fix. I couldn't get out of the dealer for under 1K for anything (except an oil change).
Dude, my first car was a 96 volvo turbo 850 wagon my first year in HS in 99 and had it till i was 29 and now at 33 i'd go back to get that car again. Thats my only issue about the M3, granted its still under warranty and thats what i'm afraid of later down the road lol. 323i's their rare around these parts in MD but those were nice to glance when i would see one on the road or grocery shopping lol

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
They must really want to sell you a BMW as their offer is 4K over the wholesale price that most dealers base their trades on.
Where I live BMW and Audi are a dime a dozen but Regal GS is very rare. I came to Buick from Audi and,very frankly, after owning my ‘13 GS for two years I think that it is a much more solid car and more fun to drive.
The car is paid off, car doesn't get driven alot like its suppose too. I hardly put miles on it. I bought a (used) M3 last year july from them and thats when they wanted to do a trade but i kinda laughed it off and was like i want the M3 and my wife is driving my car back home. but they graded it and gave a solid $22k for it but its the # i'm worried about of how it lost the appreciated value that much if the car has less than 10k miles on the odo and all service's and recalls had been done and no accidents etc...i bought it for $43k in 2016 then almost 3 yrs in its half. its like a honda accord but in great shape and more luxury lol but i haven't made my decision yet

atomicbee

Southern California
Buick Ownership
2014 AWD PR 2
The M3 is a rocket ship compared to the GS in regards to performance and like the Regal the M3 is a beautiful automobile, but to you really think you will drive the M3 more than your driving the GS now? I would try to sell the car privately before giving the GS away for 22k.

SSJ455

Hudson Valley
Buick Ownership
I have no plans on trading in my GS. I really like it a lot. I also don't think I would buy a BMW. I have heard too many stories of repair costs. I don't know how they compare to American cars in that regard but I would never buy one.

Malo83

Buick Newbie
Cent Cal
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS 2.0T
Keep the GS, you'll have regrets when it's gone. My new 17 GS will be my last new car, plan to retire at the end of the year, plus they will never make another GS with this muscular look, the new GS's look like the rest of the cars out on the streets. :cool:

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
The M3 is a rocket ship compared to the GS in regards to performance and like the Regal the M3 is a beautiful automobile, but to you really think you will drive the M3 more than your driving the GS now? I would try to sell the car privately before giving the GS away for 22k.
Tbh I drive the M more than the GS lol, the soudlnd and performance is always a head Turner.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.