Tesla Style Android Radio For 2011 Lacrosse

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano
I think I have made a major (as in, expensive) mistake. I ordered one of these: ( 10.4 Inch Tesla Style Vertical Screen Android Car Radio Dvd Player Gps Navigation For Buick Lacrosse 2008-2012 - Buy Tesla Dvd Player For Lacrosse 2009 2010 2011,Android Dvd Player For Buick Lacrosse,Car Gps Navigation For Lacrosse Product on Alibaba.com ) for my 2011 Lacrosse. It is not - as the listing states - Plug and Play. There are two connectors that went to the original base radio that have no matches, so I have no choice but to leave them loose. The cable that connects to the included backup camera has a red wire attached to either end. The best I can figure is that wire goes to the +12 volts of the backup light. The other end of the camera cable? I have no idea where to connect it. At the end of several days of trying to complete the installation of this thing, I have pretty much given up, and gone back to the original configuation. Has anybody else had any luck with one of these? I should mention that it comes with no installation instruction or information. And, if you try to communicate with the seller, you are not likely to understand them, because they really don't do English. Anybody have any experience with this type of upgrade?

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano
I had looked at Crutchfield, but only saw a similar item. Plus, Crutchfield clearly recommends against making any effort to upgrade the factory unit.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Not to be negative here but you are stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Unless some type of new unit wiring harness diagram is available it's somewhat hit and miss. On top of that, I don't know anything about your system, what function will still work with your vehicle is also a unkown.

If you check Crutchfield, Metra and others, have interface harnesses that would let you take the new unit, hard wire to the interface harness and connector for a somewhat plug and play, just tossing out other options.

You may want to look at a serious car stereo installer shop if you intend on going forward or at least stop in with the new unit and see if they can identify the wiring connections. They have standardized, to some degree, the wiring colors and funtions of those wires but a shop would probably be able to check and confirm. They may be the route to actually install it if gets to that point.

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano
I appreciate your time. I don't know of any trustworthy stereo installer locally. I do know about interface harnesses, but haven't got that far yet. The seller of this unit claims that all of my steering wheel controls will still work, as will the full air/heat controls. I have one more try in me, then I'll decide whether to just return it, or pursue a local installation.

Robert1955

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal Turbo
I appreciate your time. I don't know of any trustworthy stereo installer locally. I do know about interface harnesses, but haven't got that far yet. The seller of this unit claims that all of my steering wheel controls will still work, as will the full air/heat controls. I have one more try in me, then I'll decide whether to just return it, or pursue a local installation.
If you look on the Crutchfield website they have a link to find installers near your zip code. I am about to upgrade my current system and use my existing head unit, you will need a DSP, digital signal processor, to really gain anything unless you do find an aftermarket head unit you can use.

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano
I have it installed, but still lack audio and the backup camera says 'no signal.' I may just keep fighting it from here. Meanwhile, I may just take a look at Crutchfield's installers link, but I don't have much hope that I will find one near me.

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano
I am happy to report success in this project. After a lot of trial and error, and putting it in, and taking it out, and repeating my actions with slight variations, I have a working device! Only thing lacking appears to be the Bluetooth, but I think that will be a matter of fine tuning the settings. This is, after all, basically just a tablet, so I have more than one place to work on settings. I will take my time with the fine tuning, but it is nice to finally have a working backup camera.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Glad you are having success on the project, hopefully the rest will be operating shortly.

DDuarte80

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL
I am happy to report success in this project. After a lot of trial and error, and putting it in, and taking it out, and repeating my actions with slight variations, I have a working device! Only thing lacking appears to be the Bluetooth, but I think that will be a matter of fine tuning the settings. This is, after all, basically just a tablet, so I have more than one place to work on settings. I will take my time with the fine tuning, but it is nice to finally have a working backup camera.
Do you have a picture? I would like to see how it looks..

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano
You should see attached, first, what it looks like when the engine is on, but the unit is not yet powered on. Then, variously, with the radio on, showing the home screen, then with the radio still on, the HVAC controls are displayed. Remember, this is also a Tablet, and it connects to the internet via wifi.

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_080938.jpg
    IMG_20200525_080938.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200525_080948.jpg
    IMG_20200525_080948.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200525_081010.jpg
    IMG_20200525_081010.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200525_081017.jpg
    IMG_20200525_081017.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 64

Ohthagreat1

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
You should see attached, first, what it looks like when the engine is on, but the unit is not yet powered on. Then, variously, with the radio on, showing the home screen, then with the radio still on, the HVAC controls are displayed. Remember, this is also a Tablet, and it connects to the internet via wifi.
How did u do It I jus bought one but ran into the same issue and was told they do not make wiring harnesses for the Buick

Amb9590

Buick Ownership
2014 regal
How did u do It I jus bought one but ran into the same issue and was told they do not make wiring harnesses for the Buick

Purchased one of these screens for my 2014 regal, advertised as "plug and play". I can only find one wire that's a fit (blue connector). Can't find any sort of wire harness online other than the one that came with the unit.

How on earth were you able to even get the screen to illuminate?! I've literally tried to fit every single connector. Looks great, btw!

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_134008.jpg
    IMG_20200613_134008.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 36

G-604745

Purchased one of these screens for my 2014 regal, advertised as "plug and play". I can only find one wire that's a fit (blue connector). Can't find any sort of wire harness online other than the one that came with the unit.

How on earth were you able to even get the screen to illuminate?! I've literally tried to fit every single connector. Looks great, btw!
Check behind CD player

Geechie Dan

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL
I think I have made a major (as in, expensive) mistake. I ordered one of these: ( 10.4 Inch Tesla Style Vertical Screen Android Car Radio Dvd Player Gps Navigation For Buick Lacrosse 2008-2012 - Buy Tesla Dvd Player For Lacrosse 2009 2010 2011,Android Dvd Player For Buick Lacrosse,Car Gps Navigation For Lacrosse Product on Alibaba.com ) for my 2011 Lacrosse. It is not - as the listing states - Plug and Play. There are two connectors that went to the original base radio that have no matches, so I have no choice but to leave them loose. The cable that connects to the included backup camera has a red wire attached to either end. The best I can figure is that wire goes to the +12 volts of the backup light. The other end of the camera cable? I have no idea where to connect it. At the end of several days of trying to complete the installation of this thing, I have pretty much given up, and gone back to the original configuation. Has anybody else had any luck with one of these? I should mention that it comes with no installation instruction or information. And, if you try to communicate with the seller, you are not likely to understand them, because they really don't do English. Anybody have any experience with this type of upgrade?
Hi jdocop, I Just Purchased the Telsa Style Radio from Aliexpress Which is a China Based Co. I Purchased it Back in April & I'm just Getting it 08/05/2020. I'm going to have it installed Professionally. I was very interested in Forum i Have a Billion Questions like you & Prior to Purchase i had Questions like does the Radio have Functions for my Factory Heated Seats. To No Prevail they Couldn't Answer with a infinitive Answer. I'm willing to give up that Feature Reluctantly. My Radio came with All of its Cables & Backup Camera kit. When I get it Installed I'll Keep you Posted.

G-868277

I bought the same unit. Everything so far seems fine with my install except the speakers have no sound. What did you do with all the audio in/out RCA’s?

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano
The RCA's are not used at all. I think they're for a video connection. Sorry, but I never received an alert that you had asked the question. Hope your installation is now working.

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano
Hi jdocop, I Just Purchased the Telsa Style Radio from Aliexpress Which is a China Based Co. I Purchased it Back in April & I'm just Getting it 08/05/2020. I'm going to have it installed Professionally. I was very interested in Forum i Have a Billion Questions like you & Prior to Purchase i had Questions like does the Radio have Functions for my Factory Heated Seats. To No Prevail they Couldn't Answer with a infinitive Answer. I'm willing to give up that Feature Reluctantly. My Radio came with All of its Cables & Backup Camera kit. When I get it Installed I'll Keep you Posted.
As far as I know, you should still be able to find your controls for heating the seats and the steering wheel in the unit's settings. Did you find the included/installed user manual? That may give you more information.

jdocop

El Paso, Texas
Buick Ownership
Verano

What I found amazing was that most of the factory connectors are not even used with this unit. I believe that I ended up only using two or three of them.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners