• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

The Buick Stereotype

Spudboy52

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
I hate to propagate stereotypes, but I'm experiencing some uncertainties. Since my student days I have always owned Volvo wagons. However last month I purchased a Buick TourX. With the Volvos I understood what types of behaviors and politics were expected from me. Much the same as a Toyota Prius, Cummins diesel pickup, or Subaru Forester owner understands.
Now as a new Buick owner I am not sure what the car says about me. But let's review my station in life; I'm 63, AARP member, drive with my l left blinker on, still communicate through copper wires, top out at 10 mph below the posted speed limit, and prefer soft foods. Am I in the proper car?
2020 Fall Buick Tourx.jpg

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
The closest thing I have to auto connectivity in my Sportback are jumper cables & I'm happy with it. 😁

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
I’m close to 63 (in about 45 days), not an AARP member, am comfortable in either analog or digital environments, will eat whatever pleases me, and can reach 10mph above the posted speed limit within mere seconds of launch. What my TourX says about me is a strong “don’t misjudge” message. Upsetting Volvo owners and leaving the occasional but unfortunate GTI owner in the dust is just icing on the cake.

Ben Daigneault

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I hate to propagate stereotypes, but I'm experiencing some uncertainties. Since my student days I have always owned Volvo wagons. However last month I purchased a Buick TourX. With the Volvos I understood what types of behaviors and politics were expected from me. Much the same as a Toyota Prius, Cummins diesel pickup, or Subaru Forester owner understands.
Now as a new Buick owner I am not sure what the car says about me. But let's review my station in life; I'm 63, AARP member, drive with my l left blinker on, still communicate through copper wires, top out at 10 mph below the posted speed limit, and prefer soft foods. Am I in the proper car?
View attachment 26472
Who care!! You love the car that’s perfect. You choose the car or it choose you or both. It’s not like you’re wearing a Speedo!! Are U ????

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
I’ve always used the “car whisperer” method when buying any car. If, during the test drive, it hasn’t told me to take it home in the first 1/2 mile, I drive it back. My TourX didn’t last to the end of the dealership lot before it told me to take it home. Perhaps you had a similar experience but didn’t realize it. That car WANTS you. Give it a good home and let it kick some occasional a$$ on the road; it won’t let you down. Ask anyone here.

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
I'm almost 62, signed up for SS and working my "retirement job" I love fun cars as much as I did 30 years ago. I love a good growling sound, a sleek look and I've developed a love/hate relationship with my so-called "smart phone." When I was a youngster I wanted a Buick GS, when I was middle aged I wanted a Grand National but the TourX is like a dream come true, hot good looks wrapped around a truly practical package. I love a good high speed on-ramp, I love that blast to 80 or so before I back off and set the cruise. I'm with you on the 10 over limit thing. I waited too bloody long for the kind of insurance rates I pay now to screw that up! LOL But I plan on a tune, wheels, brakes, exhaust and a few cosmetic items once I get my grubby hands on my wagon. Life is too short for stereotyping!

dlbritton

NC
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Preferred
Oh that's right its Volvo V60 owners we make cry when we show them the "out the door" prices of our Buicks.
That is one reason we have a TourX and not V60 or V90. Actually needed a V90 to get the interior length we wanted.

After we bought the TourX I joked about buying a Buick station wagon. I'm 66 but first American car I have owned. Sort of a joke on becoming my parents. One friend that has owned several Opels (GT and 2 door wagons) heartily approved. My wife had a Mustang in high school/college but this is her first American since then.

Last edited:

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I just turned 75 years young. I was brought up in a GM family - my dad was a 41 year employee and top executive. I remember one of the first Corvettes coming home for a test drive, a Riveria before the dealers had them, and my very first car: a SS 396 in fire engine red. As an adult, I switched to VW and Audi until I came back to Buick in 2013. My current GS is my third Regal. I can also relate to the long on-ramp acceleration! Loving every drive in this car!!

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I just turned 75 years young. I was brought up in a GM family - my dad was a 41 year employee and top executive. I remember one of the first Corvettes coming home for a test drive, a Riveria before the dealers had them, and my very first car: a SS 396 in fire engine red. As an adult, I switched to VW and Audi until I came back to Buick in 2013. My current GS is my third Regal. I can also relate to the long on-ramp acceleration! Loving every drive in this car!!
Which of the Regals you've owned did you enjoy the most? I never drove the last generation GS but they still catch my eye. The center consoles are plenty busy but overall I always thought they were slick. Was the smaller, lighter, '13 GS more fun to throw around the corners or does the suspension and torque vectoring in the '18 make up for the extra weight?

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
"Buick! That's an old mans car!" That's what my VW mechanic said when I told him I sold my 2003 Passat wagon and now drive a 2018 Buick Regal TourX. He only works on German cars so I asked him if he would work on my Buick since it was really an Opel built in Germany. He didn't answer. He is in his 50's and I am 63. Sadly, many still see Buick as "an old mans car". I will say that I have seen many an "elderly" person driving Buicks but usually older models like LeSabre and Century.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
The ‘13 GS was a great car, but I have to say that the switch to the ‘18 is a giant step. AWD, V6, 9-speed are all dramatic improvements. I also like the additional space even though the car isn’t that much larger. Much better access to the trunk.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The ‘13 GS was a great car, but I have to say that the switch to the ‘18 is a giant step. AWD, V6, 9-speed are all dramatic improvements. I also like the additional space even though the car isn’t that much larger. Much better access to the trunk.
Was the 13 a stick shift?
I drove the 15 GS with a stick shift and was instantly in love.
Too bad it was FWD only.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!