• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

The mothership is making noise

TazzGrDaddy

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
so I have a 93 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon it's been sitting for a few years and it has really low mileage but when I drive the longer I drive the oil pressure drops it never goes in the red but goes low enough where I can hear the lifters rattle somebody please tell me why

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
did you change the oil after it was sitting for a few years?
did you use the correct viscosity oil?
what oil filter did you use, they sometimes can cause issues and you may want to try and install another one.
lastly you would have to do an oil pressure test to determine if the pump and/or bearings need replacing.

TazzGrDaddy

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
did you change the oil after it was sitting for a few years?
did you use the correct viscosity oil?
what oil filter did you use, they sometimes can cause issues and you may want to try and install another one.
lastly you would have to do an oil pressure test to determine if the pump and/or bearings need replacing.
I change the oil and I'm using a K&N Filter I haven't checked the oil pump yet but I'm on my way to get a diagnostic now I update you later

Pedal Commander