• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

The Ultimate Buick Regal Is Discontinued Discussion

GranSport2019

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS - NAIAS Display Vehicle
So who is going to start the GS & TourX registry for our now rare cars? Anyone have the production break down for the Year and Model?

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo (totalled 9/19)
Ugh...not shocked but this stinks. Just saw the Autoblog post as well. I like both the Regal and especially the TourX. I am not an SUV guy so this likely means no Buick for me when the time comes to replace my 2012 Regal. The TourX was the most likely replacement.

Sad to see a good car discontinued.

landsharkmz3

Chevy:
Cars = Mostly Entry Level
SUV = Entry Level
Trucks = Entry Level

GMC:
Cars = N/A
SUV = Mid level
Truck = Mid level to Premium

Buick:
Cars = N/A
SUV = Mid Level
Truck = N/A

Cadillac:
Cars: Premium
SUV: Premium
Truck: N/A

Buick could very easily be swallowed up. It likely will only continue to exist to bolster the Buick brand in China where it is successfully regarded as luxury. It doesn't cost them all that much to keep cranking out the Buick SUVs as they are 90% same content as the other GM brands.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
So they finally admitted that.
There were multiple sources stated that the build contract with Opel was for at least 3 years and can be extended if market condition is good.
Looks like they pulled the plug from the beginning.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Chevy:
Cars = Mostly Entry Level
SUV = Entry Level
Trucks = Entry Level

GMC:
Cars = N/A
SUV = Mid level
Truck = Mid level to Premium

Buick:
Cars = N/A
SUV = Mid Level
Truck = N/A

Cadillac:
Cars: Premium
SUV: Premium
Truck: N/A

Buick could very easily be swallowed up. It likely will only continue to exist to bolster the Buick brand in China where it is successfully regarded as luxury. It doesn't cost them all that much to keep cranking out the Buick SUVs as they are 90% same content as the other GM brands.
I believe the only reason why Buick survived the bankruptcy is because of China.
A brand that does not exist in the US will not sell over there, so GM has to keep it here.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
Well I guess that does it for me. I returned to GM 6 years ago and am driving my second Regal, a 13 GS. I’ve been planning to buy a new one, but I won’t now as I suspect ownership could be difficult with parts and service. Back to Audi from where I came.

jclin4

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
It seems even the 2020's are phantom. None on dealer lots, existing orders cancelled and new orders not possible due to dealer confusion...

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Now I know what it feels like to be orphaned - twice. GM shut down Pontiac right after I bought my G6. Now this. I still have the G6, and I’ve no plans to lose my TourX. Take THAT, GM!
I hadn't thought of that, but me too … Pontiac shut its doors shortly after I bought my 2008 G8 GT. Which, oddly enough, was also imported from abroad. Oh well, not much we can do about it.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Now I know what it feels like to be orphaned - twice. GM shut down Pontiac right after I bought my G6. Now this. I still have the G6, and I’ve no plans to lose my TourX. Take THAT, GM!
Same for me, but with Saturn. I don't still have my AURA. At least the brand still exists, which should have less impact on resale value, etc.

It won't help parts support though, especially breaking the link with Opel.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Guess I gotta figure out how to get one from China? (no). Buy out my 2019 TourX lease? (I don't know about that).

Damn, I really like this AWD wagon

x10003q

Buick Ownership
2019 GS
This is sad news. We were also looking at the VW Arteon (too new) and the Audi A5 sportback. I guess that is were we will be headed when we need our next sedan.

Pedal Commander