Some of these features I will miss more than others;
Power folding outside mirrors
Rain sensing wipers
Adjustable height front seatbelts
A full-size spare tire
A locking glove compartment
A valet key
Open/Close all windows by turning key in drivers outside door lock
A CD player AND cassette player (no - I've never used the cassette player!)
A head restraint for the middle rear passenger
"Puddle Lamps" under all 4 doors

Last edited:

gobluetwo

A Regular
IL
Buick Ownership
none
Another neat feature was the vented sunroof shade. Also liked the little sunscreen flap above the rearview mirror. It had a glove box cooler, but I never used it. Same with the cooler in our Honda Odyssey. I think we've used it maybe 4-5 times in the 5.5 years we've had it. Mostly, we just put a drink in there and forget about it.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Pffft. You have to use the key? I changed the coding of my Jetta wagon BCM to enable keyfob up/down of the windows/moonroof. ;)

Also... do cars even come with CD players anymore? If they do, great. I’d never use it. Years ago I added a Bluetooth module to my Jetta wagon to fake a CD changer so I can stream and take calls.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Correct. Front seat belts in the TourX are not height adjustable which I find VERY odd.
Most all cars come with them these days so not sure why GM decided not to include them on this model.
Most cars no longer come with CD players. CD's are becoming "obsolete", it seems.
I installed an iPod interface in my VW Passat wagon that replaces the CD changer in the cargo area.
For Bluetooth phone, I just use a Jabra Bluetooth speaker clipped onto the assist handle over the driver's door.
I've really only ever used the "all windows down" feature on the VW 2-3 times just to show off!

Zaxer

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
+1 folding mirrors and auto wipers.

On the good side, the Bluetooth is a lot less glitchy than my last car. Spotify streams with ease - and hands free calls are clear.

This is also my first car with blind spot detection and I have quickly grown to appreciate this option.

gobluetwo

A Regular
IL
Buick Ownership
none
+1 folding mirrors and auto wipers.

On the good side, the Bluetooth is a lot less glitchy than my last car. Spotify streams with ease - and hands free calls are clear.

This is also my first car with blind spot detection and I have quickly grown to appreciate this option.
Loved those 2 features on my old '03 Passat GLX, also (although it didn't have the CD changer in the back).

I cannot begin to tell you how annoying the bluetooth is in our '13 Odyssey Touring. It plays pretty well with iPhones, but seems to have some sort of an issue with Android devices. The 2 second delay is painful.

I've driven probably 25 rental cars in the past year and have grown to appreciate blind spot detection and some of the other nanny/safety features. Some cars do a better job of it than others. I appreciated the auto braking on reverse in the Suburban we had last week on spring break. It wouldn't let me back into a wall :)

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Some of these features I will miss more than others;
Power folding outside mirrors
Rain sensing wipers
Adjustable height front seatbelts
A full-size spare tire
A locking glove compartment
A valet key
A head restraint for the middle rear passenger
"Puddle Lamps" under all 4 doors
The Regal does have a valet mode.

I do miss the key fob controlled windows I had in my Accord.

What's annoying is the Insignia in Europe can control the windows and power folding mirrors with the key fob. It also comes with rain sensing wipers. We could have easily got those features but just even more cost cutting by GM.

Key Fob Mirrors.JPG

Key Fob Window.JPG

Insignia Rain Sensing Wiper.JPG

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Hopefully someone comes up with a fob hack for TourX windows.

I was also disappointed to find the mirrors are immobile, not even "breakaway" / flexible...even my '82 Accord (or was it my '86 Prelude, or both cars?) had this feature. My '93 Stealth had manually foldable mirrors, along with all the other cars (Acuras/Hondas) I've since owned. Love my TourX, but GM is just completely lame sometimes.

What's annoying is the Insignia in Europe can control the windows and power folding mirrors with the key fob. It also comes with rain sensing wipers. We could have easily got those features but just even more cost cutting by GM.

View attachment 14970

View attachment 14971

View attachment 14972

Zaxer

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

View attachment 14970

View attachment 14971

View attachment 14972
...sigh...as GM saves a few bucks “de-contenting” these features, they waste scads of money marketing it as a Subaru Outback alternative.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

View attachment 14970

View attachment 14971

View attachment 14972
I have to keep reminding myself what I paid for the TourX and that GM is not going to keep it around slow selling at that price.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Hey guys, the mirrors fold Manually.
I don't need them to fold electronically.

As for all the other things "missing".
I like to say. ALL IT TAKES IS MONEY.
Didn't realize they fold manually, I'm totally fine with that and actually prefer it. One less thing to break. I had tried folding mine and it didn't seem like it wanted to move, so didn't want to break it. Will need to RTFM. Ha.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Here is one for my "meh" Subaru. It has a heated lower windshield. Not very much heat, needs a lot more BTU's, but does help keeping the wipers clear.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.