Things My 2003 Passat GLX Wagon Has That the TourX Doesn't

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Didn't realize they fold manually, I'm totally fine with that and actually prefer it. One less thing to break. I had tried folding mine and it didn't seem like it wanted to move, so didn't want to break it. Will need to RTFM. Ha.
The mirrors are pulled into a detent with a spring, if you give them a lift and a pull it is easier to fold them.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Ok not to jump on a bandwagon here but the tangible thing I want more than anything else on the TourX is a locking button on the interior of the lift gate. My moms E-class (2011) has a lift gate down and a lock button on the lift gate. I know we are talking about a car that was considerably more when new but it is damn handy to press that lock button and have the tailgate close and the car lock instead of closing with the button then digging the keys out of your pants pocket, briefcase, jacket pocket as you walk away, but you can't walk too far or the keys will be out of range!

FavaBean

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
damn handy to press that lock button and have the tailgate close and the car lock instead of closing with the button then digging the keys out of your pants pocket, briefcase, jacket pocket as you walk away

There is an auto lock feature you can set. I haven't "locked" my TourX in months. You can walk away from your car and 10-15 seconds later you get a confirmation horn honk.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Ok not to jump on a bandwagon here but the tangible thing I want more than anything else on the TourX is a locking button on the interior of the lift gate. My moms E-class (2011) has a lift gate down and a lock button on the lift gate. I know we are talking about a car that was considerably more when new but it is damn handy to press that lock button and have the tailgate close and the car lock instead of closing with the button then digging the keys out of your pants pocket, briefcase, jacket pocket as you walk away, but you can't walk too far or the keys will be out of range!
I don't understand your post.
If I push the down button on the lift gste, or use my foot to close, once I walk away, the liftgate is locked.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I don't understand your post.
If I push the down button on the lift gste, or use my foot to close, once I walk away, the liftgate is locked.
My lift gate is locked but the car doors aren't. I might need investigate the auto lock feature described above.

zach.friend

Virginia Beach, VA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Hey guys, the mirrors fold Manually.
I don't need them to fold electronically.

As for all the other things "missing".
I like to say. ALL IT TAKES IS MONEY.
The power mirror fold failed on my 2011 GM Saab 9-5 after about two years. So you get what you pay for.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
To help others, I think that it’s not just a lift, but that the mirrors fold up at an angle similar to the A-pillar.
Correct, It is more of an “unweighting”

Like the top of a medicine bottle when you don’t want to unscrew it. I has a rise as you turn it counterclockwise.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I had a 2017 "Luxury Car" with power folding mirrors.

Noticed two things.

1. With mirrors folded in, they only gave about an inch more room. Did not fold in far enough.

2. Could not move mirror manually. If by chance, mirror hits garage door frame, forgetting to fold in, the mirror would break. Expensive. With manual folding mirror, the mirror just folds forward or back. Scrapes paint a bit, but no damage.

I speak from experience, not hearsay.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I had a 2017 "Luxury Car" with power folding mirrors.

Noticed two things.

1. With mirrors folded in, they only gave about an inch more room. Did not fold in far enough.

2. Could not move mirror manually. If by chance, mirror hits garage door frame, forgetting to fold in, the mirror would break. Expensive. With manual folding mirror, the mirror just folds forward or back. Scrapes paint a bit, but no damage.

I speak from experience, not hearsay.
Just measured both my car mirrors. Both fold manually.

My Brand-X gives 3 inches extra room on each side.

My Tour-X gives 2 inches extra room each side.

(Former Luxury car that folded electronicly only gave 1 inch extra room each side, - also NO safety give if you hit something solid).

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Wlepse

Buick Ownership
None
Keep tell yourself " I only paid this much for my TourX"
I chant this 10 times per daily

Plus "I could be driving a 2.5L N/A Outback., Snore"
That is true, there are lots of short comings but for the price it is tough to beat. I had thought about waiting for the turbo outback but I really don't like cvt's. Honestly I don't like automatics but I will take that over a cvt.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Plus "I could be driving a 2.5L N/A Outback., Snore"
[/QUOTE
I really like the vehicle, so no chanting here.
Had enough of the' nom joho ranga quo' in the eighty's when the ex converted to Buddhism.
I don't really care if vehicle does not have those features, I just don't like them putting useless features that should be better.
I guess I thought valet mode or teen driver would do more then control radio volume or keep them from stealing the hatch.

Zaxer

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That is true, there are lots of short comings but for the price it is tough to beat. I had thought about waiting for the turbo outback but I really don't like cvt's. Honestly I don't like automatics but I will take that over a cvt.
At the current incentives, it is a really good deal. At MSRP, I feel it could include a couple more features...and yes, glad it’s not a CVT...the thought of an available manual in the US is pretty tantalizing. And while I’m dreaming, I wish Honda would still make the Accord wagon, and would offer it in sport trim with the 2.0T/6 MT...

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
At the current incentives, it is a really good deal. At MSRP, I feel it could include a couple more features...and yes, glad it’s not a CVT...the thought of an available manual in the US is pretty tantalizing. And while I’m dreaming, I wish Honda would still make the Accord wagon, and would offer it in sport trim with the 2.0T/6 MT...
I am very thankful that the TourX is available as a choice to the Outback.
The Outback is a good practical. A meh car, especially in the base 4 cylinder car an I found less enjoyable to drive than the TourX. I've never driven or rode in a 3.6 L Outback, but the base engine is boring and not as smooth a cruiser as the Buick. The new 2020 Outback may be a different animal, but if true to Subaru's past, I think I'd still pick a TourX. One thing I will say, the more I drive the Buick the more I appreciate it.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The fact remains Buick removed too much stuff off of the TourX, for where they expect it to be hitting in price based on MSRP. I wonder how many buyers are being lost to their crazy MSRP.

I didn't even consider the Subaru. I think their cars keep getting uglier and I don't want a CVT. Volvo and Audi are $10k more, at least, and I would expect long term have an even higher cost of ownership with repairs.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.