Thinking about buying a 2014 Buick verano

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
In general, Veranos are worth buying. However, the 2.4L models have had some issues surface if you've read some of the other posts on this section of the board. Are you buying from a dealer or a private seller?

Overall, the car is rock solid and had a lot of tech for its time and price but then, I'm biased because I own one. I just don't own one with the base motor. I'm sure others can advise you more appropriately, Timmy. Good luck!

Maverick7

Buick Ownership
Buick
Well I can tell ya, get the maintenance records if possible. This vehicle has issues just like any other vehicle. knowing the history will tell you how much money your gonna have to spend to get it up to par. Second, if you do buy, monitor the oil as this engine has oil consumption issues. Lastly, have them replace every fluid as a clean starting point for your records. Brake Fluid, Engine Oil, Transmission Fluid, Coolant. Regardless what they tell you or that its still good!!!!

TIMMY14

Buick Ownership
Verano
Maintenance records show everything was taken car of when it was supposed to be. All levels in the car are where they are supposed to be and it seems like a solid car one accident got a small accident to the passenger side door but nothing major. Also the car is from a dealer. Just wanting to make a informed decision on whether or not to buy this car.

Maverick7

Buick Ownership
Buick
Well the best thing you can do to make a better decision is to read through the Verano forum and that should give you a better understanding of the good and the bad of this vehicle.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Would be interesting to know if it has had more than one owner, and why it is back on a car lot with only 26,000 miles. If I had to guess I would say it was probably traded in because it is out or will soon be out of warranty. Some owners just do that... I have an Aunt who hasn't kept a vehicle past 30,000 miles or 3 years in probably 40 years. And almost every one was/is a Cadillac.... Yes, she keeps the local Cadillac Dealership very happy.

If you can find no evidence of it having any real issues, then it is probably a good buy.
As noted in previous posts, the 2.4L has seen some issues.
But I don't think you can say that every 2.4L is going to be a problem....?

Overall, my 2013 has been problem free. But it is a 2.0L Turbo. And only has a little over 38,000 miles.

0576RDA

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
My mother has a 2012 with the 2.4L engine, while you will not be overwhelmed it seems to have enough power to get the job done when needed. the only major problem she had was the gear shift handle needed replaced. A while back I purchased a CPO 2014 Verano with the 2.0 after a deer totaled my 2012 Chevy Cruze. So far I am very pleased with the purchase. I do about 25k miles a yr on the highway, which is why I went with the 2.0. The 2.4 does well, just is not as much fun.

G-956841

issues with my 2015.shakes going into 2nd gear,steering wheel squeaks,blind zone alert malfunctions,rear window moisture on the inside...I wouldn't buy another one....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.