This deserves its own thread! (Potholes)

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
So I am driving to a meeting...and on my way there, I hit something. I was boxed in and it looked like an ice block. I couldn't avoid it without causing a massive wreck!

Anyway, I get a warning that the left rear is in trouble. It counts down the pressure...PSI going down fast. I get it to the closest gas station, and call Onstar to get help. They try to get me a tow...say whaaat? Buick Roadside handles it from there...they did ok

I try to fill the tire with the sealant/terrible air pump...(what i wouldn't give for a spare!) No dice.

**** that, I buy Fix A Flat. It does the job enough to get me home. I ran 18 psi on the busted rim/tire.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
My fear is that stupid pump/sealant combo won't do anything when I get a flat. Though I don't run the 20's in winter, I still don't want to damage a winter rim that I have.

Estimates for new tire & rim? or is the rim repairable?

TheGS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2012 Regall GS
30436510.jpg

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
Potholes and other vicious road imperfections are exactly why I don't want 19" or 20" wheels, and wish I didn't have 18" with low-profile tires now. Actual modern paving in Da Swamp is apparently considered an afterthought; even when the city or the state "improves" a road, they often leave it at rough bumpy concrete instead of blacktopping it. There are stretches of the Interstate even in the metro area here that are very loud and annoying to drive on.

The standard joke here is that the potholes have been around on a given block so long, people throw birthday parties for 'em.

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Thank goodness I got the warranties from Discount Tire...my pal hooked me up and is going to try to fix the rim and replace the tire. I have to get a winter setup...those Pirellis are just not made for this cold. The tread compound of those things turn to rock when it's below 40. Oh, and I gotta get a spare. OnStar took so long that I took matters into my own hands (thus the Fix A Flat and limping home)

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
My G8 winter setup is 17" rims and Hankook IPikes, all four studded. It drives like a 4x4 in the snow/ice. Actually stops better than a 4x4. In Indiana studs are legal from Oct-April. Not too many people use them, but they are worth it. The extra sidewall of the winter tires and the cold weather tire compound makes hitting potholes a little less stressful....

Get your turbo buick badge right here!