• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

This is too coincidental

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal TourX
The E450 wagon is available if you're interested in paying about twice as much as the TourX.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
It's still a wagon but calling it a shooting brake sounds so much cooooler. Oh look it a Chevy Celebrity wagon, no its a Celebrity Euro Shooting Brake lol.
wallpapers_chevrolet_celebrity_1985_2_b.jpg

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
The E450 wagon is available if you're interested in paying about twice as much as the TourX.
I’m not buying one; it just has a look that closely resembles the TourX in my garage, outside of the color. It almost looks like some parts would swap over. Makes me wonder if MB contracted out the design.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
The CLS X218 shooting brake has been around for awhile so it's in the same design platform.
2015_mercedes-benz_cls-class_shooting_brake_23.jpg

Pathy01

There are some similarities for sure, but as pointed out, it's more similar to existing MB products than the Opel/Buick.

The difference between a true luxury car and the Buicks is considerable and readily apparent in the attention to detail and assembly quality. I often hear from those who have never owned one that the cost difference is not warranted because another vehicle offers the same features for much less (usually the one they own or are planning to buy). If shopping by spec sheet only, the argument is valid, but if you appreciate things done right rather than done well enough, and translating that to the design, engineering, production and assembly of thousands of parts to create a final product that is exceptional in comparison, the cost difference starts to become more justified. Sure, they have a higher profit margin, but they also put a lot more money into the car. I bought the TourX knowing full well it is lacking in many of the finer details, but knowing that from an overall design and utility standpoint, it's an excellent value (at 25% off MSRP).

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
There are some similarities for sure, but as pointed out, it's more similar to existing MB products than the Opel/Buick.

The difference between a true luxury car and the Buicks is considerable and readily apparent in the attention to detail and assembly quality. I often hear from those who have never owned one that the cost difference is not warranted because another vehicle offers the same features for much less (usually the one they own or are planning to buy). If shopping by spec sheet only, the argument is valid, but if you appreciate things done right rather than done well enough, and translating that to the design, engineering, production and assembly of thousands of parts to create a final product that is exceptional in comparison, the cost difference starts to become more justified. Sure, they have a higher profit margin, but they also put a lot more money into the car. I bought the TourX knowing full well it is lacking in many of the finer details, but knowing that from an overall design and utility standpoint, it's an excellent value (at 25% off MSRP).
No argument.
But the supervisor in our shipping department Picked up a gorgeous Benz 500 Convertible pre owned for less than my TourX.
She got a deal but, as BIL works for Cars.com, still expensive German cars really take a huge depreciation hit in just a few years.

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Preferred Sport Red/Shale - red needle
The back makes it look like a Honda CR-V that rolled onto its roof.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
A few months ago, on this forum, it was pointed out to me that a “Shooting Brake” was a Two Door Wagon. The above photos are Four Door Wagons.

Which is it?

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
A few months ago, on this forum, it was pointed out to me that a “Shooting Brake” was a Two Door Wagon. The above photos are Four Door Wagons.

Which is it?
Yes, traditionally a shooting brake is a 2 door wagon. But similar to the term "coupe" auto companies are now calling anything with a sloping rear a coupe for sedans or CUVs, or shooting brake for wagons.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
In the EU a wagon is also called a estate and yes most shooting brakes are of the 2 door type, but it's a gray area on 4 doors which is probably marketing.

A proper shooting brake
aston_martin_zagato_100.jpg

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The label derives from the horse drawn carriage days - basically would be enough to take your gear and some friends out for hunting (literally shooting stuff). The auto purist will always refer to the early Rolls Royce’s as the proper shooting brake...candidly a modern SUV or Truck (w/crew cab) would be closer to the intended function...

some good stuff here on the 1910 RR Silver Ghost...

ROLLS-ROYCE 40/50-HP SILVER GHOST CROALL & CROALL SHOOTING BRAKE

As I’m not a purist, I tend to lean more towards Ferrari’s interpretation with the GTC4Lusso

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
It's in the group as "station wagon" old term that's never ending lol.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Actually followed a Mercedes e450 on the way to work yesterday. I’ve always liked the e-class Mercedes wagons - this one was no exception.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
The label derives from the horse drawn carriage days - basically would be enough to take your gear and some friends out for hunting (literally shooting stuff). The auto purist will always refer to the early Rolls Royce’s as the proper shooting brake...candidly a modern SUV or Truck (w/crew cab) would be closer to the intended function...

some good stuff here on the 1910 RR Silver Ghost...

ROLLS-ROYCE 40/50-HP SILVER GHOST CROALL & CROALL SHOOTING BRAKE

As I’m not a purist, I tend to lean more towards Ferrari’s interpretation with the GTC4Lusso

View attachment 16158
Which summer cottage in the background is yours?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!