Throttle pedal seems as if does not go smoothly to WOT?

Frayles

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Wondering if my throttle pedal is defective?
LJ
Does it feel like there is a click in the peddle when you stomp on it about half way through to the floor? If you’re familiar with firearms it would be the equivalent of the break point where the slack is taken up in the trigger before the gun fires. My 18 GS does the same thing. It’s almost like a two step process to go WOT.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
The second stage is around 80 % throttle. It's there to help you save gas if you have to accelerate but don't want to burn more gas than needed.

After that bump, the ECM enriches the air/fuel ratio to the max.

I've scanned with HPTuners to see how it affect fueling and that's what it does.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Does it feel like there is a click in the peddle when you stomp on it about half way through to the floor? If you’re familiar with firearms it would be the equivalent of the break point where the slack is taken up in the trigger before the gun fires. My 18 GS does the same thing. It’s almost like a two step process to go WOT.
You're referring to 2-stage triggers in rifles and semi-auto pistols also have that take up.

However... Some rifles have single stage trigger. There is no take up.

There are also one's called Set Triggers (fairly rare and mostly made in Europe for hunting rifles). Set triggers work like a single stage and have a feature where if you push the trigger forward a little, it disengages part of the sear to give the trigger a very light break.

:sneaky:

Thread starter #5

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Thanks for info. but was hoping it was not how it was designed and could be fixed with new part.
LJ

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I remember hearing from some review that the 2-step throttle happens to be common in automatic vehicles, may be RedLine Review? Not sure. But it is true that my girlfriend's Countryman JCW also has this 2-step design and the second step makes the car practically crazy, overriding even the manual gear change.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
When you understand how it works, you appreciate the idea, even if it sounds like a novelty.

One thing I really appreciate is the use of Wideband Oxygen Sensor instead of the usual Narrowband type. This alone makes the air fuel ratio exactly what it's programmed to be regardless of atmospheric conditions.

DoUSail2

Buick Ownership
Her 2018 Regal TourX Essence, Frost, Convenience 1&2, S&S
I read somewhere that HP tuners did not support yet. I may have to buy more license points. The transmission tune in this thing could really use some work.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
I read somewhere that HP tuners did not support yet. I may have to buy more license points. The transmission tune in this thing could really use some work.
2018+ Regal's still have no HPTuners support. I too am waiting. I've had my mpvi Pro since 2007 and aint scared to use it ! hahahhaha

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.