• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Tint installed - have bubbling towards the top edge of the glass

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
This is my first time getting aftermarket tint.

After a week with the windows up I rolled them down. Rear doors are OK but both front doors have bubbling towards the top edge.
Is this normal/acceptable?
The driver is worse with a large section of about 8 inches and then other spots/areas. It is rather difficult to capture this on a phone.

I called the shop and they said that's expected.

Attachments

• IMG_1606.JPG
    IMG_1606.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 39

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
No, it appears that there is some type of contamination under the film, but that is from just the photo seeing the black specs. Take it back and have them explain how that's "expected"!

The only thing I have ever seen is on the first day as it was drying out and after that it was clear. But these were independent shops and not franchise shops so that could be the other reason.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
You may get SLIGHT bubbles on second day, but they SHOULD be gone once dry after third day.

I used to get my cars here in Florida tinted but I don’t bother anymore. Contrary to popular belief, my interiors don’t get any hotter with no tint. My A/C cools car fast. (BTW; although tint is legal in my first (FL) and third (NM) locations, tint is illegal in my second location of NY).

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
That doesn't look normal to me. I rarely had bubbles but if I did they were gone within a day or two.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Looks like they didn't prep the glass correctly (black spots). Take it back.

Last edited:

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
What are those black spots? The shop asked me to send them a pic. I want to give them more detail if I can in a text.

I did have one small bubble and it did go away on a 3rd day or so. I did touch it once to see what it was and it was soft to touch. What I attempted to show in the photo feel harsh.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
See post #2, doubtful anyone on the forum would know more of what the shop did. Drive over to the shop and ask them to explain it!

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Looks like they didn't prep the glass correctly (black spots). Take it back.
I am not a "tint" guy but that looks unacceptable to me...I would take it back.

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
Looks like there is dirt/fuzz/rag lint or something like that under the tint. They should have caught it and redone that piece. They should redo it.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
They tell me the specks are from the felt like seal around the window and unavoidable.

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
They tell me the specks are from the felt like seal around the window and unavoidable.
Shouldn't they clean the window, apply tint, and then roll it up? Mine has no felt seal crap under the edge. Taking the wife's VW to get tint tonight, I'll bet the guy we use says you were fed BS.

Rueme

Buick Lifer
Colorado
Buick Ownership
Buick 2018 TourX Essence
On my tint it looks almost like factory, but they generally don't tint the fronts! Had my tint done 18 months ago, you should take it back!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
They are lying, it's poor workmanship plain and simple! I can only assume there warranty, which someone else on the forum felt was a sign of good quality, is going to be crap also. Sorry you picked the shop so unfortunately you need to deal with it.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
I had some spots on the pass rear (past the door) opposite the antenna.

I asked them to redo that one while they have the car.
They said the bubble specs are within their 5% allowance...

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Their 5% allowance, LOL look at your paperwork and see where it's stated, but honestly it's BS. Take your vehicle to any other respectable shop and they will tell you it's a con job! Never have seen that on any vehicle that I have had done since 1979, different shops, materials and vehicles.

If it's Tint World in Schaumburg they have only been open since 2019, it's a franchise and the owner was a former tax accountant, doesn't really say much about the shop or it's ability for quality work.

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
Showed my buddy as he tinted the wife's car tonight. His thoughts? "They're f$%king retards."

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Since, they mentioned the 5% tolerance, they are now admitting fault. If that row of bubbles stretch across the entire top of both front windows, I'd say it's more than 5%.

Don't take "NO" for an answer. They did a sh!tty job.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
I had bubbles show up on my car that was tinted 15 years ago. The shop I had it done at went out of business but sold their phone number to another shop. That other shop honored the warranty of the original shop and fixed it. Now that’s customer service.

In general most lifetime warranties are useless since the businesses don’t always stick around. I was really worried about all of my craftsman tools, but luckily Sears sold off the Craftsman brand and they now honor it at Lowe’s, Ace Hardware, etc.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Red needle TourX
Yes, Schamburg.

They have redone the front doors but would not redo the back rear glass.
I'll wait 5 days before I roll the windows down and see.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Wow...sorry they are giving you such a hard time. Who made the film? If you are really unhappy I would reach out to them and ask their opinion. Depending on the film mfg, some are really tight on who they sell to since they don't want the bad reviews to be on them. Might not get you anywhere but might be worth a shot.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners