• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Tire noise

Justin Fillion

Buick Newbie
Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS Auto / 1987 Buick Regal Turbo T
Just wondering if anyone has swapped the 20's on their GS? I ran some continental extreme contact dws06 and I'm starting to get some tire whine after a year of running with them? I know they say they have no direction but one side of the car the tread looks to be facing forward and on the other the tread is facing backwards. I'm not sure if that is correct or if they should all be looking the same.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
the tire is marked with an indicator on the sidewall showing which way they should be mounted.
did you look to see if any of them are mounted the wrong way?

Super LaX

Columbus, NJ
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS
The tire should be stamped "OUTSIDE" on the sidewall. Also the tread imprint "D W S" should be on the closest outer block if that makes any sense. Turn the front tire out and you should see it.

The tires and asymetrical and are designed to channel water away.

I currently run the 3-season version (DW) of this tire and they are just starting to sing after three years. I got about 28K miles from the stock P Zeros and they were very loud at the end of their usable life. I've been very pleased with this tire and got them just as they were being phased out so I got a killer deal on them. The sidewall could be a touch firmer for me. Did I mention 340 treadwear?

Justin Fillion

Buick Newbie
Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
I didnt notice any outside markings, tommrow I'll go take a look once the rain is gone.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
On one side the tires will look different than the other because they are spinning different directions. The driver side tires are spinning counter clockwise and the tires on the passenger side are spinning clockwise, so the tread will look different from side to side.

Justin Fillion

Buick Newbie
Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
Im betting that it's a bad wheel bearing now that Im thinking about it

Pedal Commander