• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TIre Size

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
Question guys will a 275/35 tires fit with 20 by 10 wheels on the Regal GS?
No clue if it will fit the car, it will fit the rim. Also keep in mind that tire is going to be a 1/4 inch taller than the 255/35 tires it came with. Some people like a meatier look, some don’t.

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
I thought someone on the site had run a 275 tire all around
I have no clue. I just crunched the numbers and came up with the fact it will fit the rim and be about a 1/4” taller all around. You’re looking at roughly 3/4” of an inch more tread width. I’m sure somebody more knowledgeable will chime in but if they don’t you can always use those numbers, measure your current clearance and determine if the new size will fit without rubbing.

Roosevelt1234

Buick Ownership
GS
I have no clue. I just crunched the numbers and came up with the fact it will fit the rim and be about a 1/4” taller all around. You’re looking at roughly 3/4” of an inch more tread width. I’m sure somebody more knowledgeable will chime in but if they don’t you can always use those numbers, measure your current clearance and determine if the new size will fit without rubbing.
The 20 by 10 would be flush all around?

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
The 10" rim might be the bigger problem. Researching wheels on the tirerack, it looks like the widest wheel they sell for the Regal GS is a 9" wide wheel with 40mm offset. Did all the 2011-17 Regals have the same stock tire size, or did it vary or increase by year? The OP doesn't specify the year of his Regal. For a 2014, the OE sizes were,

• 19" 245/40-19
  • 20" 255/35-20

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
The 10" rim might be the bigger problem. Researching wheels on the tirerack, it looks like the widest wheel they sell for the Regal GS is a 9" wide wheel with 40mm offset. Did all the 2011-17 Regals have the same stock tire size, or did it vary or increase by year? The OP doesn't specify the year of his Regal. For a 2014, the OE sizes were,

• 19" 245/40-19
  • 20" 255/35-20
A 255 tire is 10” wide so the wheel isn’t an issue. The 255/35/20 was an option from 2012-2017.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
A 255 tire is 10” wide so the wheel isn’t an issue. The 255/35/20 was an option from 2012-2017.

That is tire section width. The rim can hit things the tire would not. Depends on lots of things. I'm not saying the 10" rim definitely wouldn't work, but if it could, the backspacing would need to be right. On my 1970 Buick, when you go that wide on the rim, it gets really close to the inner body, fender trim, and shock mounts. Sometimes you can clearance things, sometimes not. Every car line is different. Like I said, the tire rack doesn't show a 10" rim for that car. I wouldn't be ordering one thinking it will definitely fit without doing some careful measuring.

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
That is tire section width. The rim can hit things the tire would not. Depends on lots of things. I'm not saying the 10" rim definitely wouldn't work, but if it could, the backspacing would need to be right. On my 1970 Buick, when you go that wide on the rim, it gets really close to the inner body, fender trim, and shock mounts. Sometimes you can clearance things, sometimes not. Every car line is different. Like I said, the tire rack doesn't show a 10" rim for that car. I wouldn't be ordering one thinking it will definitely fit without doing some careful measuring.
You are correct, good catch. That is something I failed to consider. I did mention to OP that he should take measurements of his own to verify his clearance.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
You are correct, good catch. That is something I failed to consider. I did mention to OP that he should take measurements of his own to verify his clearance.
Yup, they won't take back rims once you mount a tire on them. It pays to carefully measure. A guy from Germany over on V8Buick.com came up with this self made tool, pretty cool.

TireTool.jpg

Pedal Commander