Tire sizes Roadmaster 1995

Pete53

Buick Ownership
1995 Buick Roadmaster
I need new tires for my 1995 Roadmaster Limited. I notice the tires on it are different sizes front and rear. What should they be? Anymore whitewalls ou there?

robert graham

Buick Ownership
Buick
235-70-R15......many tire manufacturers stopped making this size since most modern vehicles use larger diameter wheels, but you can still find them. The last set I bought were Nexen Roadian which are really designed for SUV's and light trucks....a bit heavier weight tire which may not ride quite as smooth as the older R specified tires, but generally good dependable tires....since I pull a boat I welcome a bit heavier weight tire....

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Yes same size front and back

Dirtybob

Buick Ownership
95 RMS
Some cars came with 225/70-15s as well.
225/75-15s on wagons.
Plenty of people running 235/75-15s since they're a bit easier to find (common 1/2 ton truck tire size).
Looks like there are a few whitewall options available.
Should be a sticker on the drivers door jamb stating what tire size(s) are recommended for your car.
I'm using 245/60-15s all around, just tuned the pcm for the new size. Got a good deal on the tires plus they're the same size as my slicks.
Tire shops likely will not mount tires that aren't one of the factory sizes...

robert graham

Buick Ownership
Buick
The white walls may prove to be a bit harder to find....most Roadmaster and Impala SS folks just run the black walls, myself included.....

Larry the Buick Guy

Buick Ownership
1994 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Base
Hi,
Vogue Tires custom makes WW/gold in the 235-70R-15 size, however, they are very pricey at least for an average guy like me.
I bought a set of Cooper 235-75R-15 WW.
I would NOT put "black walls" on my Buick luxury car unless I had no choice. To me WW are very classy! Black walls are ugly! But, that's me.
The OEM was Uniroyal & they no longer make WW tires.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Hi,
Vogue Tires custom makes WW/gold in the 235-70R-15 size, however, they are very pricey at least for an average guy like me.
I bought a set of Cooper 235-75R-15 WW.
I would NOT put "black walls" on my Buick luxury car unless I had no choice. To me WW are very classy! Black walls are ugly! But, that's me.
The OEM was Uniroyal & they no longer make WW tires.
Could you go thinner for a white wall. 15 inch trendsetters or something just make sure the height is right

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
The Trendsetter SE is what I have on my RM. They ride great!
Oh I see you did say cooper, i didnt see that. well at least the OP knows he can get them. I would say get thw 215 75 15, yeah its shorter but thinner tires are gonna help the rear in the snow more than thicker, if he lvies where it snows(I do, it sucks) but if looking to put rubber to the road, 235 would help more

Larry the Buick Guy

Buick Ownership
1994 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Base
Oh I see you did say cooper, i didnt see that. well at least the OP knows he can get them. I would say get thw 215 75 15, yeah its shorter but thinner tires are gonna help the rear in the snow more than thicker, if he lvies where it snows(I do, it sucks) but if looking to put rubber to the road, 235 would help more
Oh my! I don't drive my RM in the snow!! I live in Upstate NY, but I have a winter car.
I'm not a tire expert, but I'm not sure about 215s on a RM. That's fairly smaller. It's a heavy car. As for snow, I don't think you want thinner tires on snow. Maybe it's different with your FWD P.A. The RM is RWD. All I've ever owned are RWD cars. FWD feels too heavy in the front for me.

Last edited:

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
RWD with skinny tires is the BEST thing to do FOR snow. a heavy car, like a pa or rm, would enhance skinny tires. traction in snow is from touching the road and the surface ice/snow, and the more tire patch touching the harder it is to get traction. its why snow tires are siped and dont evacuate water. siping allows tire to "grab" snow and ice and use friction to melt or just grab whats under what it just bought into. But, you have to balance tire weight when deciding tires for sure. find a tire in a 215/75/15, find its max PSI, about 75% of the 4 tire total for weight is the safe load weight. if your car and expected occupancy weight falls under, youre good. if it doesnt, move up in tread width, lower your sidewall ratio, or stiffen your sidewall(more plies usually) will achieve this goalbut for snow, you want skinny. being you dont use your car in snow, you can get the fatest tire you can stick on em and the only detriment is you are limited by what fits on your rim and wheel well and gas mileage.

92Buick

Buick Ownership
1992 Roadmaster
RWD with skinny tires is the BEST thing to do FOR snow. a heavy car, like a pa or rm, would enhance skinny tires. traction in snow is from touching the road and the surface ice/snow, and the more tire patch touching the harder it is to get traction. its why snow tires are siped and dont evacuate water. siping allows tire to "grab" snow and ice and use friction to melt or just grab whats under what it just bought into. But, you have to balance tire weight when deciding tires for sure. find a tire in a 215/75/15, find its max PSI, about 75% of the 4 tire total for weight is the safe load weight. if your car and expected occupancy weight falls under, youre good. if it doesnt, move up in tread width, lower your sidewall ratio, or stiffen your sidewall(more plies usually) will achieve this goalbut for snow, you want skinny. being you dont use your car in snow, you can get the fatest tire you can stick on em and the only detriment is you are limited by what fits on your rim and wheel well and gas mileage.
As long as the load rating is same or higher. These are heavy cars and you can change the tire size significantly. I run LT’s in the winter and 18’s in the summer which are both a bitch to get on especially in the rear:) the general rule is 3% but as a tire tech for over 15 years I can tell you that’s just a suggestion

Get your turbo buick badge right here!