To GS owners with no spare! Check your trunk.

mlarabia

Buick Newbie
Northern NJ
Buick Ownership
'17 Buick Regal GS
Everything sits perfect under the carpet. You will need a piece of metal to put over the spare in order for the nut (that currently holds down the inflator kit) to be able to keep the spare from jumping around when you go over bumps. I put the jack in the well too. I wedge it with the spare, along the back edge of the well. Once it's all bolted in place no movement or noise from the trunk.

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic" & 17' BMW M3 F80
Everything sits perfect under the carpet. You will need a piece of metal to put over the spare in order for the nut (that currently holds down the inflator kit) to be able to keep the spare from jumping around when you go over bumps. I put the jack in the well too. I wedge it with the spare, along the back edge of the well. Once it's all bolted in place no movement or noise from the trunk.
But the question they asked you is what size rim is in the trunk? Because i belive a 19 or 20' with tire considering the tire width and height may be the issue with the carpet mat sitting flush. I think a 17 and 18 will sit flush but not a 19 or 20? If so show a picture of it and see because again i don't think its a flush fit. I may be wrong and seen it happen but its going to be a tight squeeze around the well with a tire. Thanks

pigsnzen

BFE, KY
Buick Ownership
'12 GS 6MT
But the question they asked you is what size rim is in the trunk? Because i belive a 19 or 20' with tire considering the tire width and height may be the issue with the carpet mat sitting flush. I think a 17 and 18 will sit flush but not a 19 or 20? If so show a picture of it and see because again i don't think its a flush fit. I may be wrong and seen it happen but its going to be a tight squeeze around the well with a tire. Thanks
He said it was from Modern Spare, so that means an 18" wheel that will clear the Brembos

2012-2019 Buick Regal Complete Kit - All Trims (Including Regal GS) - Modern Spare.

carl3pedals

NJ
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I bought the Modern Spare for my 2012 GS, and it fits in the available space, with the covering/carpet cover lying flat.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.