Torque upper intake specs information (lacrosse cxl 2010)

Shahar

Buick Ownership
buick lacrosse CXL 3.0 2010
Hi
what is the torqe specs for the upper intake and for the spark plugs?
thank's

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Last edited:

Shahar

Buick Ownership
buick lacrosse CXL 3.0 2010
Hi :)

It is strange that there is no general information especially about torque info for DIY'S

Anyway thank you very much, appreciate it

rider47

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
18 N-m (13 lb. ft) for new spark plugs according to Chilton (See the attached Guide). Pauls fixit guide says you go by the feel of the spark plug.

Note: Change the .txt extension to .doc in order to open the file correctly

Attachments

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Forgot, always use a bit of Never-Sieze on plug threads (but who really ever does). Ford back in the past decade was notorious for snapping off plugs or stripping threads (dissimilar metals).image.jpeg

Last edited:

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I use Anti-Seize on plugs among many other fasteners.

I mostly like using the Lawson Anti-Seize Stick.

LawsonAntiSeize.jpg

Spark plugs I prefer installing by feel.

New plugs usually need a little more than old plugs because of the crush washer.

If I had to guess how much force I use I'd say 15 ft-lbs with new plugs and 10 ft-lbs on old plugs.

BIG ROCCO

PHOENIX, AZ
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse eAssist P1 w/H-K & Nav
Yeah, antiseize, and I use a short or stubby ratchet when installing to help prevent overtightening (normal or long length OK for removal, if space permits). I haven't had a car with an engine that had spark plugs with a crush washer since the 1960s - are they really still being used? Anything I have worked on in decades uses a tapered seat - I usually put a tiny amount of antiseize on my finger and lightly apply some to the spark plug seat

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.