Tour-X: 2018 vs. 2018.5

Thread starter #1

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Looking to leverage the current incentives and grab a new 2018 Essence trim.
Looked at some of my dealer stock and noticed that older builds had goofy looking surrounds on the speedo and tach, while others had a neater setup without the extra trim.
Where there any other significant changes made as part of the mid-year refresh? Some posts here and elsewhere seem to hint at upgrades being made to the Infotainment System.
Thanks in advance...

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Looked at some of my dealer stock and noticed that older builds had goofy looking surrounds on the speedo and tach, while others had a neater setup without the extra trim.
Where there any other significant changes made as part of the mid-year refresh? Some posts here and elsewhere seem to hint at upgrades being made to the Infotainment System.
Thanks in advance...
Are you looking at TourX? Not sure but read GM changes for TourX and for 19 shows only cabin air filter change. No mention of half year changes.
LJ

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Thanks in advance...
I saw that, too, but wasn't sure what I was looking at, and I'm still not sure! I did buy one however. As you note, Essence trim, midnight blue, shale interior. $27,200. That seems like a pretty good value all in all. Fingers crossed.

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I saw that, too, but wasn't sure what I was looking at, and I'm still not sure! I did buy one however. As you note, Essence trim, midnight blue, shale interior. $27,200. That seems like a pretty good value all in all. Fingers crossed.
My Essence stickered at $40,600 and I was out the door for $33,400... and I mean out the door (no sales tax in NH)...although there is an excise tax at registration. This was during the first "sale" that took place from mid-October thru Halloween and selection was still pretty good. Found a car EXACTLY as I would have ordered it in Massachusetts only about 70 miles away. I did have to finance to get the deal, and I didn't want to screw the dealer who was nice so I'm keeping the loan for 90 days.... 3 payments, $13K, $1K, $1K, pay off interest on day 93 and the dealer will get their perk. Prolly cost about $60 in interest or something.

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
My Essence stickered at $40,600 and I was out the door for $33,400... and I mean out the door (no sales tax in NH)...although there is an excise tax at registration. This was during the first "sale" that took place from mid-October thru Halloween and selection was still pretty good. Found a car EXACTLY as I would have ordered it in Massachusetts only about 70 miles away. I did have to finance to get the deal, and I didn't want to screw the dealer who was nice so I'm keeping the loan for 90 days.... 3 payments, $13K, $1K, $1K, pay off interest on day 93 and the dealer will get their perk. Prolly cost about $60 in interest or something.
Since you seem to be in the know, I'm in the same boat, using the GM financing. They told me 4 payments. Should I be shooting for day 93 paying off the loan? Thanks for your help!

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Since you seem to be in the know, I'm in the same boat, using the GM financing. They told me 4 payments. Should I be shooting for day 93 paying off the loan? Thanks for your help!
I can't tell you 100% but I asked my dealer what they liked to see for a minimum and he said $15k was good so I took $15k. I asked how long and he said 90 days would work which would be 4 payments (4th payment being made sometime between about 90 and 120 days). I'm making 3 payments two weeks before they're due, 13k, 1k and 1k which will leave just interest. Day 93 I will get the payoff and send in the $60 or so balance. Why 93? It's absolutely greater than 90 for the dealer's sake...good mojo and all.

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Just to confirm, I have a 5/18 build, and it has the new instrument cluster, and the new interface. I think it looks better, so if somebody was shopping, you might hunt around and see if you can find a 2018 model with those updates.

Thread starter #10

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Found a 07/18 build with the new cluster and UI.
Essence trim, both driver confidence packages, sights and sounds package, moon roof, smoked pearl/black. Also has the roof rack and interior protection package.
$33.1K.
Solid deal, despite the need to travel to a dealer > 100 miles from home.
Still feel it's a lot of car for the money.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So they have made updates in midyear to TourX?
I can understand software updates......but they have made changes to instrument cluster?
I see different clusters in owner manual ..but they are different, because of different optional features.
Guessing that is what you are referring too, instead of early and late production.
LJ

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
So they have made updates in midyear to TourX?
I can understand software updates......but they have made changes to instrument cluster?
I see different clusters in owner manual ..but they are different, because of different optional features.
Guessing that is what you are referring too, instead of early and late production.
LJ
That’s correct. They changed the instrument cluster along with the UI. I have not seen a new cluster with old UI or old cluster with new UI.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.